Changing database from SQLite for dummies

Support intro

Hi

I have found my NextCloud instance incredibly slow.

I am using a dedicated CentOS server but my knowledge on server-side coding and management is very limited.

I installed this version (latest versino) using Softaculus on CPanel. One solution that I have come across in my reading is to change from SQLite to PostgreSQL. All the articles I found look like greek to me and the solutions that made sense didn’t work.

When I tried installing NextCloud (from the unpacked zip file) using PostgreSQL or MySQL the file, and also when I remove the data folder and added the can install entry, I get an internal error page. This page remains there (on the domain) until I delete all my files on the domain and restart.

How do I change to PostgreSQL?
Any tips on speeding up my installation will also be appreciated (I pushed the PHP memory limit to 2GB already, which helped a bit)

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn't supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version: 22.1.1
Operating system and version: CentOS v98.0.8
Server Version: Apache/2.4.49 (cPanel) OpenSSL/1.1.1l mod_bwlimited/1.4
PHP version 7.4

The issue you are facing:

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (No):

Steps to replicate it:

1. Create a user and database in PostgreSQL / MySQL
  2. Download the NextCloud installation file
  3. Extract it on the domain folder
  4. Navigate to domain
  5. Create a new user and password, click on postgresql/MySQL and enter all the correct information there
  6. Hit the button to proceed (Internal Error)
  7. Click refresh (Error 404 - Not Found
    The document you are looking for may have been removed or re-named. Please contact the web site owner for further assistance.)

OR

1. On existing and working installation, delete the data folder and config/config.php
  2. Add a file to the config folder: config/CAN_INSTALL
  3. Continue with (4) in above steps

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

I can't access this I don't think (certainly not from within the NextCloud installation.

The output of your config.php file:

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'instanceid' => 'ocsclh******',
);

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

Where do I find this?