Change to custom theme

I’m trying to change the theme using a custom theme.
First of all I duplicated the example in the Themes folder and renamed it MYCUSTOM. Added “‘theme’ => ‘MYCUSTOM’,” in config.php. I can’t change it with Nextcloud settings. I was able to reflect changes in footer section (slogan etc) in default.php. But I can’t change the color. The status of the Nextcloud genuine setting will be maintained forever. Even if I specify color as #000 in default.php or server.css, it will not change to that color. Of course neither image is applied.

Nextcloud version (eg, 10.0.2): 12.0.1
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 16.04): CentOS7.3
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): nginx 1.10.11
PHP version (eg, 5.6): 7.1.7

For changing the default colours, and theming in general when not using the Theming app (which you can disable to prevent overwrites), see here:

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/12/developer_manual/core/theming.html#changing-the-default-colours

Sorry, I have read it, but I still can not understand.

default.php:
public function getScssVariables() {
return [
‘color-primary’ => ‘#000
];
}

Even if I set it like that, it will not turn black. What is displayed are logo images, background colors and login background images changed in Nextcloud settings. Only text characters can be changed.

I want to change only favicon at least. Is there a way to ignore the default settings?

This is a very old post. I just stumbled across it and there was no answer given. I believe the issue is the name of the file. According to the docs, the filename should be defaults.php, not default.php:

apply colors to the default css code by adding the following method to defaults.php