Change domain in sharing URLs

Is there a way to change the domain used in file sharing URLs?

The domain I use to access Nextcloud is pretty long, so I set up a shorter one that redirects to it. When sharing via link, I can copy and paste the generated URL into a text editor and replace the long domain with the short one, but it’d be a lot more convenient if the generated URL did that.

I tried setting “overwritehost” in the config, but that broke Nextcloud when I accessed it from a different domain.

The last time this was asked, OP found a different solution, so it was never really “answered”.

@Bugsbane If I add a reply to my own post, will it show up in the new/recent threads again? I feel like after a week, it’s not going to pop up for anyone anymore…

I think it should. That said, when you’re talking about URL rewrites it can get complicated as it dependsa lot on the setup of your particular server, so to be honest, it’s a bit ofa tricky question to answer. You can try bumping it (posting to your own thread, to raise it again). Just be aware that it’s considered bad netiquette to bump more than once a week, or to do it repeatedly.