CentOS 7 - can't install php-pecl-apcu // issue configuring memory cache APCu

Hello Everyone,

I’ve spent lots of time searching but I can’t find a solution…

Here’s the warning message I’m working to resolve:
Security & Setup warnings
No memory cache has been configured. To enhance your performance please configure a memcache if available. Further information can be found in our documentation.

The Nextcloud server was deployed this week with the latest software - here’s some details:
Nextcloud 12.0.2
PHP Version => 7.1.8
Linux 3.10.0-514.26.2.el7.x86_64 (CentOS 7)
Database is MariaDB 5.5.52

I’m following the instructions to install APCu from the official guide at
https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/12/admin_manual/configuration_server/caching_configuration.html#id1

When I run "yum install php-pecl-apcu"
I get error “Error: php71w-common conflicts with php-common-5.4.16-42.el7.x86_64”

Here’s the full details:

[root@nextcloud /]# yum install php-pecl-apcu
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile

• base: mirror_csclub_uwaterloo_ca
  • epel: fedora-epel_mirrors_tds_net
  • extras: centos_bhs_mirrors_ovh_net
  • updates: mirror_gpmidi_net
  • webtatic: us-east_repo_webtatic_com
    Resolving Dependencies
    –> Running transaction check
    —> Package php-pecl-apcu.x86_64 0:4.0.11-1.el7 will be installed
    –> Processing Dependency: php(zend-abi) = 20100525-64 for package: php-pecl-apcu-4.0.11-1.el7.x86_64
    –> Processing Dependency: php(api) = 20100412-64 for package: php-pecl-apcu-4.0.11-1.el7.x86_64
    —> Package php-common.x86_64 0:5.4.16-42.el7 will be installed
    –> Processing Dependency: libzip.so.2()(64bit) for package: php-common-5.4.16-42.el7.x86_64
    —> Package libzip.x86_64 0:0.10.1-8.el7 will be installed
    –> Processing Conflict: php71w-common-7.1.8-2.w7.x86_64 conflicts php-common < 7.1
    –> Finished Dependency Resolution
    Error: php71w-common conflicts with php-common-5.4.16-42.el7.x86_64
    You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
    You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Maximus

Looks to me like you’re using El Repo for your server. Based on your errors, when you try to install that package, it is trying to get the php 5.4 version, not the php 7.1 version. Try something like yum search php71-pecl-apcu and see if something like that shows up, or even yum search php7-pecl-apcu. If you get results for that, then there is an existing package for PHP7. If not, you may have to look and see if there’s a way to compile that package for PHP7

1 Like

yum search php70w-pecl-apcu should be the search you’re looking for. If it works just replace search with an install. Tx stratacast I was having this same issue. The second I read your post I was like oh yeah that’s a no-brainer. Thank you

I have the same issue , but php70w-pecl-apcu is already installed and

‘memcache.local’ => ‘\OC\Memcache\APCu’,

was added in the config file. Also there is no error messages in owncloud.log , but

"Transactional file locking should be configured to use memory-based locking, not the default slow database-based locking. "

still appear in the admin home page.