Can't upload files from Android because of conflict

Nextcloud version __: 25.0.2.3
Operating system and version __: Linux arend.uberspace.de 3.10.0-1160.76.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Aug 10 16:21:17 UTC 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Apache or nginx version: don’t know. have no root access
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 8.0
Android Version: 8.1.0
Nextcloud-App Version: 3.23.1

The issue you are facing:

uploads from the android app to the nexcloud fail every time with a conflict, but there is no conflict and if i try to resolv it than the conflict dialog fails, too.
Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N):

Steps to replicate it:

1. try to upload a file

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

Fehler	cron	TypeError: Cannot access offset of type string on string	
2023-01-01T15:30:16+0100
Information	updater	\OC\Updater::resetLogLevel: Reset log level to Warning(2)	
2023-01-01T15:20:40+0100
Information	updater	\OC\Updater::maintenanceDisabled: Turned off maintenance mode	
2023-01-01T15:20:40+0100
Information	updater	\OC\Updater::updateEnd: Update successful

log file access is dificult, too because of no root again.

any hints?

Hi, I have exactly the same issue at the moment, also on an uberspace host.

I had it already multiple times in the past (I think the first time with Nextcloud version 22.x or so) and somehow I got it fixed everytime, but I cannot say how and why.

In the past I tried to solve it be deleting everything related to the synchronization:

• All apps on my Android phone connected to Nextcloud (e.g. the Nextcloud Client, Nextcloud Notes, Davdroid (or DAVx5), GeniusScan, …)
  • Remove every device session and app passwords in my Nextcloud account

Currently, the only app that is still syncing files is GeniusScan which is connected via WebDAV. CardDAV and CalDAV related apps doesn’t seem to be affected.

Do you have a solution already?

There is a workaround if you have access to the .htaccess file: Auto-Upload - conflict for not-existing files on server side (and upload does not work) · Issue #10423 · nextcloud/android · GitHub