Can't update Nextcloud From version 23 to 24 by Web Interface and Updater.phar

The nextcloud version which I used now is “Nextcloud Hub II (23.0.10)”, but I found that the latest version on nextcloud .com is 25.
I tried to update the version by web interface and command line “updater.phar”, the response is “Your version is up to date.”
Could someone please help me to solve the problem?
updater.phar
web interface

The problem has been solved after the new version of NC been released.

@simonchu2022 I see you said the issue was resolved but, were you actually able to update to Nextcloud version 24 or 25? If so, did you have to run any other commands, or just the one that you showed in your screenshot, that worked for you (from that new version of NC that you mentioned)? My apologies if my edits here have pinged you with notifications.

I’ve encountered the same issue, where I’m on Nextcloud 23.0.12 and am unable to update to 24.0.11

The command that I’ve used to attempt a manual update is, which I got from the Dietpi Nextcloud page (Cloud and Backup Systems Software Options - DietPi.com Docs):

sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar

The result of running this command, is exactly the same as in the original question above (considering my different Nextcloud version).

In case there’s a complicated bug that’s causing this issue, does anyone know if this link has the necessary instructions to copy my Nextcloud configuration to an SD card running an up to date version (i.e. NC 24.0.11+), to manually update that way (Upgrade manually — Nextcloud latest Administration Manual latest documentation)?

System info:
Nextcloud: 23.0.12
Hardware: Raspberry pi 4 Model B
Linux version: Dietpi 8.15.2
PHP version: 7.3.31-1~deb10u3

1 Like

For anyone else experiencing the same issue on Dietpi:
In the Security and Setup, in the Overview Settings (above the Version section), it says that Nextcloud 24 or later requires PHP 8 or higher, which I overlooked. This conflicts with Dietpi’s current PHP version of 7.3.31-1~deb10u3.

Manually upgrading to PHP 8 or later is possible but, it may cause issues with Nextcloud according to these forum posts (Post 1, Post 2). These issues may be solvable according to this other forum post, or this one but, most of these are from other Linux distributions, so the problems and the solutions may not translate.

PHP 8 will probably be available on Dietpi but, it’s unclear when, so the best thing may be to just wait (Forum post 1, post 2).

I have both PHP8 and php7.3 on my machine,
and I still can’t upgrade,
because when I run the updater with PHP8,
it says this version of nextcloud doesn’t support PHP8,
so it’s the snake biting its tail.