Can't manage to get Password policy App to work

Hello,

I’m testing password_policy App from Nextcloud and can’t manager to get it to work. After install, I put some rules on admin page, then log as basic user, go to personal settings and change my password with any new string I want. No policy enforcing rises :confused:
Any tips ?

Best regards,

How did you install the app? Are you sure you are running 9.0.52?

(downloading the app and adding it to the app folder manually won’t do the trick)

Hi @LukasReschke,

I’m testing the app on 9.1.0.11

Is there any step to configure the app ? I’m using database backend, so I thought that user passwords would be checked against policy.

Ok, seems I found some differences between owncloud and nextcloud…

owncloud database backend setPassword function just sets the password in db.
nextcloud database backend setPassword function uses eventDispatcher to emit a “password validate” event before setting it in db. Event which allow any app to react and throw execption if needed…

So the password_policy app won’t work on owncloud :sob:

Or maybe I missed something / don’t understand correctly. Please confirm !

Well I guess you have to migrate to Nextcloud to be able to use it, or you copy the event dispatcher stuff back, but that will make updating a pain, so switching is probably easier?

1 Like

@nickvergessen, migration is not an easy choice for an enterprise installation (10k users, 10TB of datas). I’m personnaly found of the work you did and do now, but I think my client will wait a little before switching to nextCloud. If we switch.