Can't login via browser with correct password - could not verify token

Hi,
I have problem with login via my admin user in browser.
I know that my password is correct because my desktop client was successfully logged without problems.
I just checked nextcloud log where I find this:
triied to login in admin but could not verify token.

[/details]

Nextcloud version 25.0.1.1
Operating system and version Raspberrypi OS 64
Apache/2.4.54 (Debian)
PHP version 8.1

The issue you are facing:

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? Y

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

PASTE HERE

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

PASTE HERE

{“reqId”:“SBCcSOrRqw8YiqKk1HR8”,“level”:3,“time”:“2022-11-30T11:31:04+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“x.x.x.x”,“user”:“–”,“app”:“core”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:“/nextcloud/index.php/csrftoken”,“message”:“Tried to log in XXX but could not verify token”,“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/107.0.0.0 Safari/537.36”,“version”:“25.0.1.1”,“data”:{“app”:“core”}}

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

x.x.x.x - USER [30/Nov/2022:12:34:38 +0100] “PROPFIND /nextcloud/remote.php/dav/files/USER/ HTTP/1.1” 207 3983 “-” “Mozilla/5.0 (Linux) mirall/3.6.2 (build 12295) (Nextcloud, ubuntu-5.15.0-53-generic ClientArchitecture: x86_64 OsArchitecture: x86_64)”

PASTE HERE

Output errors in nextcloud.log in /var/www/ or as admin user in top right menu, filtering for errors. Use a pastebin service if necessary.

PASTE HERE
1 Like

Is it just one browser on one device? Then it could be some add blocker or security app in the browser.

1 Like

It’s my only one browser (Brave).
I have turned off cookie filter and after few days when I tried it… I open it.
On some forum or github I have read that it can be problem with cookies.
I don’t understand it…

I was having this exact problem until I used “Cookie AutoDelete” Firefox extension to delete all the cookies for my nextcloud domain. It was unintuitive to me because you would think that more cookies would be better and help you log in.

1 Like

Cookies are no problems for own services e.g. Nextcloud. Maybe you can use a whitelist for the cookies. I only delete all cookies at end of browser session. Works for me with setting in browser without addon.