Can't import bookmarks, unsupported file type

I’m using a free account on us.hostiso.cloud. When I try to import bookmarks, it just says, “Unsupported file type for import.” I’ve tried bookmarks files in XML, HTML, and JSON, and all fail. What am I doing wrong?

Currently, only HTML is supported. A valid netscape bookmarks DOCTYPE is expected and a UTF-8 encoding meta tag doesn’t hurt. You can try adding some dummy bookmarks and exporting them, it should be able to reimport that file without problems.

I tried importing an HTML file, and it still returned the “Unsupported file type for import” error.

So, I exported my Nextcloud bookmarks, added the bookmarks from my other HTML file to that file, and re-imported. Seems to have worked. That’s a frustrating way to have to do it.

I understand. Where does your export come from?

https://pinboard.in

And what does it look like?

<!DOCTYPE NETSCAPE-Bookmark-file-1>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
<TITLE>Pinboard Bookmarks</TITLE>
<H1>Bookmarks</H1>
<DL><p><DT><A HREF="https://google.com" ADD_DATE="1564415983" PRIVATE="1" TOREAD="0" TAGS="google">Google</A>
</DL></p>

I’m sorry for the delay, I just stumbled upon the issue I had created for this last year and checked again. This seems to be fixed. i.e. this should work in the upcoming version of the bookmarks app and I’m pretty sure the latest release also has the fix :crossed_fingers:

This issue appears to have returned.

NextCloud 26.0.1
Bookmarks 13.0.1
Firefox 112.0.2 (64-bit) on Linux Mint 20.3 (64-bit)

Exported from Firefox to both Backup (to JSON) and Export (to HTML) and get the unsupported file type error when I try to import either file type.

This after seeing my attempts to synchronise via Floccus seem to fail as the server CPU (running at home on a Pi4/4Gb) goes to saturation.

Hey!

Bookmarks dev here. Can you open the network console of your browser and inspect the network request that uploads the bookmarks file? (Only html is currently supported, so json will always be rejected).