Can't get signed in to The Good Cloud Disabled user

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 3.7.3 (Debian)
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Debian 12 (bookworm)
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): replace me
PHP version (eg, 7.4): replace me

The issue you are facing:

On Sunday, January 28, I installed the NextCloud client.

They offered me a free account with The Good Cloud, and I created the account without problems and was able to store in the cloud.

Yesterday, Monday and today, Tuesday, I tried to connect to the account and the website says: User disabled.

If I try to create the account again it says “User already exists”

What I can do?

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

PASTE HERE

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

PASTE HERE

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

PASTE HERE

Output errors in nextcloud.log in /var/www/ or as admin user in top right menu, filtering for errors. Use a pastebin service if necessary.

PASTE HERE

This is the community of Nextcloud, we don’t have access to third-party providers that run Nextcloud. If there is a problem, you have to contact them yourself.

It is possible to disable a user without deleting the user, so in such a case it is likely that you cannot create a different user with the same name.

@pepetrujo
I think you must send an email to “The Good Cloud” or create a new account with a new email. The Good Cloud has also the disadvantage that shares are time-limited and always require a password.

Hi there,

Have you received an email asking you to confirm your subscription? If not, you contact support through the contact form through thegood.cloud website.

For security and abuse reasons we ask you to confirm your signup within 8 hours or the account will get disabled. We have a lot users who try the service for a (very) short time, so this prevents abuse and also helps cleanup of the service. After a certain time the disabled accounts (and data) will be removed for privacy concerns. Having 7000 disabled accounts per free server bogs down the overall service more then you think… :wink:

The reason we require password and time limits on the shares is to prevent abuse. We have had content which was in violation to our terms (like probable terrorism related) and anonymous open shares are too easy abused unfortenately.

Yes. I wrote and send an email to “The Good Cloud” and after of some error on my part with the address, The Good Cloud are solved the problem.
Apologise if to wrote here was also an mistake.

1 Like