Can't Create Groups

Hi all,

I’ve set up a new NextCloud install on Ubuntu 20.04 and all is running fine except when I go into users and click on ‘+ Add Group’ nothing happens

I’ve tried with a different Admin account but get the same thing, and a standard user doesn’t have access to this part

I can add users fine, just nothing at all happens when I click Add Group

I want to use GroupFolders so I can share a folder between friends but without being able to create a group, I can’t do this

This is a fresh install of Ubuntu and NextCloud

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I’m having the same issue

Ok, when editing a user, click in groups and type in the name of the new group you want. It’ll appear with a “+” next to it, clicking that will crate the group

2 Likes

I have the same problem but this solution work well

Have the same problem, it’s really annoying…

Hi! how did you solve the problem?

same aswell,

its funny that until now no one has responded, support next lvl

1 Like

same problem after updating to 27.0.0…

Yes, the same issue when updated to 27.0.0
might be a plugin that we all use that makes this an issue?
@Chaosjan44 @Kostantinos_axiotis @ilias

What platforms are u running on?

That would make sense @thefourCraft

I’m running my nextclouds on VMs (hosted on proxmox), all of them are Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS VMs.
all my nextclouds use Group Folders and OnlyOffice (hosted on another machine). - one of them is using PHP 8.2, the others use 8.1

EDIT:
I disabled Group Folders and OnlyOffice on one of the nextclouds and it dosn’t fix the issue - noticed that in the older version there was a modal that expected you to input a password - that modal is gone…

Have this issue as well. 27.0.0, running docker on a Debian VM (in Truenas).

Same problem on version 27.0.0
Has anyone found a solution?
Ubuntu 22.04LTS
PHP 8.1.20

Same issue in version 27.0.0
Cannot create groups…

Still no support until now!

I am truly sorry that adding a group is broken again :see_no_evil:

Bug report for Nextcloud 22:

Bug report for Nextcloud 27:

The bug is already fixed and will be released with Nextcloud 27.0.1 scheduled for 2023-07-20 (Maintenance and Release Schedule · nextcloud/server Wiki · GitHub).

Workaround: Use occ to add a group.

Also you cannot add a new “shared folder” from “Group folders” !!
Go to “Administration settings”–> “Group folders” (you cannot add a new shared folder).

if you don’t have a group folders in the navigation menu, you can download it from the apps…

Thanks for the clarification, we will wait for the update.

Same problem here with 26.0.4: users are not able to add / create groups. Even the quick & dirty way via add new user doesn’t work. Just the error that user is no Super-Administrator.

Very bad situation. Is there any fix / workaround? Thanks!