Cannot to connect to working LDAP-Server

Hello,
I already spent a lot of time, but I cant get it work!!!

I have built a LDAP-Server on my Synology-NAS. The connection ist fine. I tested the connection already with ApacheDirectoryStudio… an it works. I can connect to the LDAP-Server.

Also I have installed an old version of Nextcloud (10.0.4). There I can connect the LDAP-Server as well.

Now, I installed a completly new Nextcloud 14 !!!
Acutally everything works finde (for example I have put my data-folder to somewhere else) but I dont get a connection to the LDAP-Server.

It cant be a problem of wrong data in the LDAP-config-page because I took the same like in my old Nextcloud-Version.

So what can be the problem.
The Error in the log-file is always the same - in any case.

apps/user_ldap/ajax/wizard.php",“message”:“Configuration Error (prefix s03): login filter does not contain %uid place holder.”,“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:63.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/63.0”,“version”:“14.0.4.2”}

It seems to me its a general permission-problem or something like that in the new Nextcloud-Version I installed - because in the old version LDAP works fine.
Please help me - I already spent tons of hours !!!

Try deleting your LDAP configuration and starting again; the LDAP app can be a bit buggy when making multiple changes.

Your problem is likely to be on your Login Attributes tab. The defaults of LDAP / AD Username and LDAP / AD Email Address should work fine.

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but if anyone stumbles across this and has the same problem, try modifying the Login Attributes as follows:

• de-select LDAP / AD Username
  • select uid from Other attributes

Then reload the users page and hopefully the LDAP users should show up.

This is the only thing that reliably works for me.

1 Like