Cannot share a file via email

Hi. I am using nextcloud 11.03 and when sharing a file, I don’t see any placeto put someones Email address. This system was updated from owncloud and the configs for mail are all still there. The edit box for share seems to indicate sharing by Email, but nothing happens when I type an Email address in there and hit tab or enter.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slight_frown:

If you’re urgently looking for support to keep your business running, consider checking out our paid support options.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the following as you can (you can cut and paste this into your topic):

Nextcloud version (eg, 10.0.2):
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 16.04):
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25):
PHP version (eg, 5.6):
Is this the first time you’ve seen this error?:

Can you reliably replicate it? (If so, please outline steps):

The issue you are facing:

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

Remember, this information may be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart: Feel free to use a pastebin service, otherwise log files can be indented with 4 spaces on each line to present them in a friendlier way on the forum.

So is there any one on here who can tell me how to share a file by Email. I looked at the docs and I saw that if you type the email address you get two results, but what I don’t see is the send button that is shown in the screenshot. I did verify with someone – I use a screen reader – and there is no send button.

So what can I do here?

Hi,

You are using the issue template, but didn’t fill all the information requested. It even gives the advice

for fastest response please provide as much as you can

You should definitely provide more information.

Is there a drop down menu, when you enter the email address, where you can click/ select the email address?
Is your server correctly configured to send out emails? So, does it send out the test mails in the email settings on the administration site?

Once I type the email address, I get two things address (remote) and address (email). Mail is configured properly and I can send test email. So, what do I do to actually send the link? The documentation has a screen shot which shows a send button, but there is no send button in the gui I have.

I hope this is enough information.

The email with the link is sent automatically once you click the email address or hit enter.
The user will then appear under the input field with options like “can edit” and so on.

OK, I think I can do this now, but its not very friendly to screen readers, so the ui could be improved.

Thanks a lot.