Cannot recover deleted items

I’ve tried to supply as much info as possible. Can anyone help me recover my data?

[/details]

NextCloudPi version v1.44.5
NextCloudPi image NextCloudPi_09-05-20
OS Raspbian GNU/Linux 10. 5.10.63-v7+ (armv7l)

Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): not in log file
PHP version (eg, 7.4): not in log file

A large amount of data was deleted. When I tried to restore it I initially came across the can’t access deleted items problem. I recast the size variable as an int and I could then see the deleted items.
When I try to restore any of them I get a message saying there has been an error: Error while restoring files from rubbish bin
The spinner keeps spinning on the selected file.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N):Y

Steps to replicate it:

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging: This is via sudo ncp-report I have only included the most recent item in the log to save space.

{"reqId":"YbeJzbx19CRMeq8V5ZdaFAAARRM","level":3,"time":"2021-12-13T18:00:15+00:00","remoteAddr":"86.142.80.209","user":"Robin","app":"core","method":"GET","url":"/index.php/apps/files_trashbin/preview?fileId=487873&file=Photos%2F2020%2F01%2F20200110_081322.jpg%2F20200110_081322.jpg.d1631958996&c=1631958996","message":"Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in the driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused","userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:95.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/95.0","version":"22.2.2.0","exception":{"Exception":"Doctrine\\DBAL\\Exception","Message":"Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in the driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused","Code":2002,"Trace":[{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php","line":1486,"function":"connect","class":"OC\\DB\\Connection","type":"->","args":[]},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php","line":1014,"function":"getWrappedConnection","class":"Doctrine\\DBAL\\Connection","type":"->","args":[]},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php","line":231,"function":"executeQuery","class":"Doctrine\\DBAL\\Connection","type":"->","args":["SELECT `filecache`.`fileid`, `storage`, `path`, `path_hash`, `filecache`.`parent`, `name`, `mimetype`, `mimepart`, `size`, `mtime`, `storage_mtime`, `encrypted`, `etag`, `permissions`, `checksum`, `metadata_etag`, `creation_time`, `upload_time` FROM `oc_filecache` `filecache` LEFT JOIN `oc_filecache_extended` `fe` ON `filecache`.`fileid` = `fe`.`fileid` WHERE (`storage` = :dcValue1) AND (`path_hash` = :dcValue2)",{"dcValue1":3,"dcValue2":"984fd0ba957b2fce9fefe0f7490e8bc7"},{"dcValue1":1,"dcValue2":2},null]},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Query/QueryBuilder.php","line":210,"function":"executeQuery","class":"OC\\DB\\Connection","type":"->","args":["SELECT `filecache`.`fileid`, `storage`, `path`, `path_hash`, `filecache`.`parent`, `name`, `mimetype`, `mimepart`, `size`, `mtime`, `storage_mtime`, `encrypted`, `etag`, `permissions`, `checksum`, `metadata_etag`, `creation_time`, `upload_time` FROM `oc_filecache` `filecache` LEFT JOIN `oc_filecache_extended` `fe` ON `filecache`.`fileid` = `fe`.`fileid` WHERE (`storage` = :dcValue1) AND (`path_hash` = :dcValue2)",{"dcValue1":3,"dcValue2":"984fd0ba957b2fce9fefe0f7490e8bc7"},{"dcValue1":1,"dcValue2":2}]},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/QueryBuilder/QueryBuilder.php","line":287,"function":"execute","class":"Doctrine\\DBAL\\Query\\QueryBuilder","type":"->","args":[]},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Cache/Cache.php","line":164,"function":"execute","class":"OC\\DB\\QueryBuilder\\QueryBuilder","type":"->","args":[]},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/View.php","line":1338,"function":"get","class":"OC\\Files\\Cache\\Cache","type":"->","args":["appdata_ochvelgsn5v1/js/core"]},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/View.php","line":1393,"function":"getCacheEntry","class":"OC\\Files\\View","type":"->","args":[{"cache":{"__class__":"OC\\Files\\Cache\\Cache"},"scanner":{"__class__":"OC\\Files\\Cache\\LocalRootScanner"},"watcher":null,"propagator":{"__class__":"OC\\Files\\Cache\\Propagator"},"updater":{"__class__":"OC\\Files\\Cache\\Updater"},"__class__":"OCA\\Files_Trashbin\\Storage"},"appdata_ochvelgsn5v1/js/core","/appdata_ochvelgsn5v1/js/core"]},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Node/Root.php","line":200,"function":"getFileInfo","class":"OC\\Files\\View","type":"->","args":["/appdata_ochvelgsn5v1/js/core"]},{"function":"get","class":"OC\\Files\\Node\\Root","type":"->","args":["/appdata_ochvelgsn5v1/js/core"]},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Node/LazyFolder.php","line":65,"function":"call_user_func_array","args":[[{"__class__":"OC\\Files\\Node\\Root"},"get"],["appdata_ochvelgsn5v1/js/core"]]},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Node/LazyFolder.php","line":142,"function":"__call","class":"OC\\Files\\Node\\LazyFolder","type":"->","args":["get",["appdata_ochvelgsn5v1/js/core"]]},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/AppData/AppData.php","line":141,"function":"get","class":"OC\\Files\\Node\\LazyFolder","type":"->","args":["appdata_ochvelgsn5v1/js/core"]},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Template/JSCombiner.php","line":96,"function":"getFolder","class":"OC\\Files\\AppData\\AppData","type":"->","args":["core"]},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Template/JSResourceLocator.php","line":115,"function":"process","class":"OC\\Template\\JSCombiner","type":"->","args":["/var/www/nextcloud","core/js/merged-template-prepend.json","core"]},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Template/JSResourceLocator.php","line":71,"function":"cacheAndAppendCombineJsonIfExist","class":"OC\\Template\\JSResourceLocator","type":"->","args":["/var/www/nextcloud","core/js/merged-template-prepend.json"]},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Template/ResourceLocator.php","line":78,"function":"doFind","class":"OC\\Template\\JSResourceLocator","type":"->","args":["js/merged-template-prepend"]},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/TemplateLayout.php","line":374,"function":"find","class":"OC\\Template\\ResourceLocator","type":"->","args":[["core/js/dist/main","js/dist/files_fileinfo","js/dist/files_client","js/merged-template-prepend","core/l10n/en_GB","And 6 more entries, set log level to debug to see all entries"]]},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/TemplateLayout.php","line":202,"function":"findJavascriptFiles","class":"OC\\TemplateLayout","type":"::","args":[["core/js/dist/main","js/dist/files_fileinfo","js/dist/files_client","js/merged-template-prepend","core/l10n/en_GB","And 6 more entries, set log level to debug to see all entries"]]},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_Template.php","line":182,"function":"__construct","class":"OC\\TemplateLayout","type":"->","args":["error",""]},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Template/Base.php","line":132,"function":"fetchPage","class":"OC_Template","type":"->","args":[]},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_Template.php","line":331,"function":"printPage","class":"OC\\Template\\Base","type":"->","args":[]},{"file":"/var/www/nextcloud/index.php","line":74,"function":"printExceptionErrorPage","class":"OC_Template","type":"::","args":[{"__class__":"Doctrine\\DBAL\\Exception\\ConnectionLost"},500]}],"File":"/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php","Line":87,"CustomMessage":"--"}}

The output of your config.php file in `/path/to/nextcloud` (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

PASTE HERE

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in `/var/log/____`:

PASTE HERE

Hi,
I got no response to this.

I have lost a large amount of data and cannot restore it via the web interface.
Is it possible to restore or retrieve files directly on the Pi or via some other means?

Thanks for your help.

Robin

Hi again,

Am I asking the wrong question here?
I have lost a lot of data which I am currently unable to recover.
I can see the files in the deleted items view in the GUI but if I try to recover even one it just spins for a period then I see “connection to server lost” and some time later " Error while restoring file from rubbish bin".
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Robin

Hi @Robin

This is not a solution to the actual problem causing that restore from the recycle bin is not working. But maybe you can recover the files directly from the file system of you server. You should be able find them in…

./path/to/your_nextcloud_data_folder/username/files_trashbin/files

Hi bb77,

Thanks, I’ll have a look and see if I can get them that way.

Robin

Hi again,

Having rebooted the Pi I can now delete ( and maybe recover) single files. If I try to select multiple files I get the error messages.
Is there likely to be an answer to this problem.

Thanks,

Robin