Cannot login after installation (plesk, debian 9, apache, php7.3-fpm, Nextcloud 17.0.0)

Hi, I have trouble logging in with the web UI. I have used the plesk extension to create a next cloud instance. Database is connected and redis is also connected.

The behavior I’m seeing is that when I try to log in, I am redirected to the login page again. I tried in firefox and chrome.

Log reads as follows:
{“reqId”:“XcCsIj5Lm14AABuar08AAAAL”,“level”:0,“time”:“2019-11-04T23:54:26+01:00”,“remoteAddr”:“109.193.241.248”,“user”:"–",“app”:“core”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:"/index.php/apps/files/",“message”:{“Exception”:“OC\AppFramework\Middleware\Security\Exceptions\NotLoggedInException”,“Message”:“Current user is not logged in”,“Code”:401,“Trace”:[{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/verein-verein.de/sm.verein-verein.de/lib/private/AppFramework/Middleware/MiddlewareDispatcher.php",“line”:95,“function”:“beforeController”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Middleware\Security\SecurityMiddleware”,“type”:"->",“args”:[{“class”:“OCA\Files\Controller\ViewController”},“index”]},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/verein-verein.de/sm.verein-verein.de/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php",“line”:97,“function”:“beforeController”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Middleware\MiddlewareDispatcher”,“type”:"->",“args”:[{“class”:“OCA\Files\Controller\ViewController”},“index”]},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/verein-verein.de/sm.verein-verein.de/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php",“line”:126,“function”:“dispatch”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher”,“type”:"->",“args”:[{“class”:“OCA\Files\Controller\ViewController”},“index”]},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/verein-verein.de/sm.verein-verein.de/lib/private/AppFramework/Routing/RouteActionHandler.php",“line”:47,“function”:“main”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\App”,“type”:"::",“args”:[“OCA\Files\Controller\ViewController”,“index”,{“class”:“OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer”},{"_route":“files.view.index”}]},{“function”:"__invoke",“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Routing\RouteActionHandler”,“type”:"->",“args”:[{"_route":“files.view.index”}]},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/verein-verein.de/sm.verein-verein.de/lib/private/Route/Router.php",“line”:297,“function”:“call_user_func”,“args”:[{“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Routing\RouteActionHandler”},{"_route":“files.view.index”}]},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/verein-verein.de/sm.verein-verein.de/lib/base.php",“line”:1000,“function”:“match”,“class”:“OC\Route\Router”,“type”:"->",“args”:["/apps/files/"]},{“file”:"/var/www/vhosts/verein-verein.de/sm.verein-verein.de/index.php",“line”:42,“function”:“handleRequest”,“class”:“OC”,“type”:"::",“args”:[]}],“File”:"/var/www/vhosts/verein-verein.de/sm.verein-verein.de/lib/private/AppFramework/Middleware/Security/SecurityMiddleware.php",“Line”:135,“CustomMessage”:"–"},“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:70.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/70.0”,“version”:“17.0.0.9”}

Interestingly, I can log-in with the current Android app. So it seems to be a WebUI only issue.

The system part of my config looks like this:
“system”: {
“passwordsalt”: “REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE”,
“secret”: “REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE”,
“trusted_domains”: [
sm.verein-verein.de”,
“localhost”,
“62.75.155.94”,
“62.75.155.94:443”
],
“datadirectory”: “REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE”,
“dbtype”: “mysql”,
“version”: “17.0.0.9”,
“overwrite.cli.url”: “https://sm.verein-verein.de”,
“overwriteprotocol”: “https”,
“overwritehost”: “sm.verein-verein.de”,
“htaccess.RewriteBase”: “/”,
“dbname”: “REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE”,
“dbhost”: “REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE”,
“dbport”: “3306”,
“dbtableprefix”: “oc_”,
“dbuser”: “REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE”,
“dbpassword”: “REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE”,
“installed”: true,
“instanceid”: “REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE”,
“maintenance”: false,
“memcache.local”: “\OC\Memcache\Redis”,
“memcache.locking”: “\OC\Memcache\Redis”,
“redis”: {
“host”: “REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE”,
“port”: 0,
“dbindex”: 0,
“timeout”: 1.5
},
“logtimezone”: “Europe/Berlin”,
“default_language”: “de”,
“default_locale”: “de_DE”,
“csrf.disabled”: true,
“mail_domain”: “REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE”,
“loglevel”: 0,
“trusted_proxies”: “REMOVED SENSITIVE VALUE
},

pls try to empty browser cache and reload site, after 1-2 attempts it should work again

Hi. I tried emptying the browser cache and even turned off browser cache in developer tools, but it does not help. Why should it if it both does not work in Chrome and in Firefox?

BTW: the android app login was not as successful as I thought: I could see the files of the admin user, but when I try to upload new files I get a “Hochladen fehlgeschlagen - falscher Benutzername oder Passwort”, which is “Upload failed, wrong username or password”.

Any ideas? Could it be that the rewrite rules that are defined in the .htaccess file do not work correctly with my apache2 instance (version 2.4.25)

I re-installed using the Plesk nextcloud extension. That worked.