Cannot create or write into data directory

I get the error:
Canā€™t create or write into the data directory /var/nextcloud/data

Iā€™ve followed the instructions here: https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-install-nextcloud-15-on-ubuntu-server-18-04/

Here is the relevant commands I used:
sudo mkdir -p /var/nextcloud/data
sudo chown www-data:www-data /var/nextcloud/data
sudo chmod 750 /var/nextcloud/data

After I do this I mount a Ext4 partition.
Restart system.

Then when I try to setup NextCloud I get the error in the screenshot.

Any suggestions? Iā€™ve run out of ideas.

@noblestwolf Greetings whizzy wolf of virtual nights.

FYI

Hope this helps.
:sunflower:

Hi @noblestwolf

Learning this ā€œmountā€ endeavour I would forward my full pack to the wolf pack as a humble gesture of peace ā€¦

Please consult the documentation:

Stick to the more known Un*x flavours. Naturally, you can choose Ubuntu, CentOS, FreeBSD, ArchLinux and probably NextCloudPi or other flavours besides Debian Linux. Also available are some other OS ā€¦

Happy hacking.
:sunny:

Your are welcome.
:+1:

BTW a kind gesture like problem solved (i.e. :white_check_mark:) or a little ACK to one or more of my comments (i.e. click on the heart icon :heart:) would show you are satisfied. This could be a kind gesture and would motivate me like authors of other advice to continue in lending a hand freelyā€¦
:smiley:

Please think first, act second only and always have the protection of your data in mind.
:innocent:

Thank you for pointing the outdated docs out.

1 Like

Iā€™m not following what you mean hereā€¦

1 Like

Oh sorry.
:flushed:

Just joking and play of words. This is called a ā€˜banterā€™ in British English, I presume.
:crazy_face:

@noblestwolf

The intended meaning was:

Let me present you (noblest wolf and friends i.e. the ā€œwolf packā€ :wolf: :wolf: :wolf:) my complete set of document links (the ā€œfull packā€ :books:).
:blush:

Happy hacking.
:sunflower: