Cannot connect to Collabora server

use the domain what you want to use for youre collabora docker. And put loleaflet/dist/admin/admin.html at the end.

So if you use: office.mydomain.com then it will be: office.mydomain.com/loleaflet/dist/admin/admin.html

It’s asking me for authentication.

Thats a good think to know, because then collabora is working!

That’s good! I don’t know the username or password though.

You dont fill in any username or password, so i think it is blank: That is what is youre loolwsd.xml file:

<username desc="The username of the admin console. Ignored if PAM is enabled."></username>
    <password desc="The password of the admin console. Deprecated on most platforms. Instead, use PAM or loolconfig to set up a secure password."></password>
</admin_console>

It’s not logging me in if I just click OK, so maybe I have to set it to something?

You can do that, and copy it back to the docker.

How secure is that to just put it in plain text in a config file?

Use a simple password for now to test it.

@PopeRigby, you set the name and password up in the docker compose file

Let me find my example.

Here is a snippet of what is my docker-compose.xml file under the collabora section

environment:
  - TZ=America/Chicago
  - username=admin
  - password=<admin password>

Try that and you’ll be good to go. You shouldn’t ever have to manipulate the loowsd.xml file since basically with docker-compose it sets all the variables within that file.

I would stick with one method only – either docker-compose or manual editing loolwsd.xml – don’t do both. Since you’re using docker-compose I’d only recommend the docker-compose method. Just my two cents.

@thijssie85 – when you mean remove server – are you saying your nextcloud and collabora are on different servers?

Yes, i have a different server for NextCloud and Collabora.

So should I revert the changes to my loolwsd.xml?

I would stick with one method only – either docker-compose or manual editing loolwsd.xml – don’t do both. Since you’re using docker-compose I’d only recommend the docker-compose method. Just my two cents.

I should edit the loolwsd.xml, and put the other in youre compose. At this moment it doesnt work for him to use collabora.

I think your collabora will be overwritten if you restart your container. If not delete the collabora container and pull a fresh one – that will have all the defaults inside. See if you can connect to admin address with the name and password contained in the compose file.

It opened without asking for authentication. Is that bad?

Can you just let open the admin page and open a new page and try to open a document.
And then go back to the admin panel to see if a user is online.

It says there aren’t any users online when I try to open a doc in Nextcloud. Still getting the white screen.

@PopeRigby

It’s not bad per se, but are you clearing your browser cache after making each incremental change?

Here is what I do which you could consider
My main browser is Chrome. I usually look up things on chrome when I’m looking up how to configure services, html, javascript, etc. After looking up information I usually then apply it In some of the config files, html files, etc.

For testing I use Firefox since I dont care about loosing information in the browser cache. For testing local servers, I’ll open the page in FF after clearing browser cache.

I think what you are telling me is the password and username was cached and hence it didn’t ask for password.

Try clearing browser cache or visit site from a different browser and then see what happens.

Yeah. It must have cached it. It asked me for my username and password when I tried through another browser. So now what?