Cannot connect to Collabora server

What’s the chmod command to set that permission?

docker exec container_name chown lool:lool /etc/loolwsd/loolwsd.xml

I’m still getting the white screen when I open an office file.

(Since this is getting so long, I hope it can be helpful to other people in the future.)

I don’t think that this will work:

allow=“true”>domain1|domain2

Try to add two lines each for one domain in your config like:

allow=“true”>cloud.mydomain1.com
allow=“true”>cloud.mydomain2.com

That will be working :wink:

So the last part should look like this?

<storage desc="Backend storage">
        <filesystem allow="false" />
        <wopi desc="Allow/deny wopi storage. Mutually exclusive with webdav." allow="true"><host desc="Regex pattern of hostname to allow or deny." allow="true">office.mydomain.com</host>                 
            <host desc="Regex pattern of hostname to allow or deny." allow="true">office.mydomain.com</host>                 
            <host desc="Regex pattern of hostname to allow or deny." allow="true">10\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}</host>
            <host desc="Regex pattern of hostname to allow or deny." allow="true">172\.1[6789]\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}</host>
            <host desc="Regex pattern of hostname to allow or deny." allow="true">172\.2[0-9]\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}</host>
            <host desc="Regex pattern of hostname to allow or deny." allow="true">172\.3[01]\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}</host>
            <host desc="Regex pattern of hostname to allow or deny." allow="true">192\.168\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}</host>
            <host desc="Regex pattern of hostname to allow or deny." allow="false">192\.168\.1\.1</host>
            <max_file_size desc="Maximum document size in bytes to load. 0 for unlimited." type="uint">0</max_file_size>
            <reuse_cookies desc="When enabled, cookies from the browser will be captured and set on WOPI requests." type="bool" default="false">false</reuse_cookies>
            <locking desc="Locking settings">
                <refresh desc="How frequently we should re-acquire a lock with the storage server, in seconds (default 15 mins) or 0 for no refresh" type="int" default="900">900</refresh>
            </locking>
        </wopi>
        <wopi desc="Allow/deny wopi storage. Mutually exclusive with webdav." allow="true"><host desc="Regex pattern of hostname to allow or deny." allow="true">cloud.mydomain.com</host>                  
            <host desc="Regex pattern of hostname to allow or deny." allow="true">cloud.mydomain.com</host>                  
            <host desc="Regex pattern of hostname to allow or deny." allow="true">10\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}</host>
            <host desc="Regex pattern of hostname to allow or deny." allow="true">172\.1[6789]\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}</host>
            <host desc="Regex pattern of hostname to allow or deny." allow="true">172\.2[0-9]\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}</host>
            <host desc="Regex pattern of hostname to allow or deny." allow="true">172\.3[01]\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}</host>
            <host desc="Regex pattern of hostname to allow or deny." allow="true">192\.168\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}</host>
            <host desc="Regex pattern of hostname to allow or deny." allow="false">192\.168\.1\.1</host>
            <max_file_size desc="Maximum document size in bytes to load. 0 for unlimited." type="uint">0</max_file_size>
            <reuse_cookies desc="When enabled, cookies from the browser will be captured and set on WOPI requests." type="bool" default="false">false</reuse_cookies>
                <refresh desc="How frequently we should re-acquire a lock with the storage server, in seconds (default 15 mins) or 0 for no refresh" type="int" default="900">900</refresh>
            </locking>
        </wopi>
        <webdav desc="Allow/deny webdav storage. Mutually exclusive with wopi." allow="false">
            <host desc="Hostname to allow" allow="false">office.mydomain.com</host>                 
            <host desc="Hostname to allow" allow="false">cloud.mydomain.com</host>                  
        </webdav>
        <ssl desc="SSL settings">
            <enable type="bool" desc="Controls whether SSL encryption between storage and loolwsd is enabled. Defaults when empty to following the ssl.enable setting"></enable>
            <cert_file_path desc="Path to the cert file" relative="false"></cert_file_path>
            <key_file_path desc="Path to the key file" relative="false"></key_file_path>
            <ca_file_path desc="Path to the ca file" relative="false"></ca_file_path>
            <cipher_list desc="List of OpenSSL ciphers to accept. If empty the defaults are used. These can be overriden only if absolutely needed."></cipher_list>
        </ssl>
    </storage>

NO.

Must look like:

allow="true">cloud\.mydomain\.com</host>

And when your loolwsd server is “office.mydomain.com” you need not to add this as trusted host.

I think I got it. Like this?

<storage desc="Backend storage">
        <filesystem allow="false" />
        <wopi desc="Allow/deny wopi storage. Mutually exclusive with webdav." allow="true"><host desc="Regex pattern of hostname to allow or deny." allow="true">cloud\.mydomain\.com</host>
            <host desc="Regex pattern of hostname to allow or deny." allow="true">cloud\.mydomain\.com</host>
            </locking>
        </wopi>
        <webdav desc="Allow/deny webdav storage. Mutually exclusive with wopi." allow="false">
            <host desc="Hostname to allow" allow="false">cloud\.mydomain\.com</host>
        </webdav>
        <ssl desc="SSL settings">
            <enable type="bool" desc="Controls whether SSL encryption between storage and loolwsd is enabled. Defaults when empty to following the ssl.enable setting"></enable>
            <cert_file_path desc="Path to the cert file" relative="false"></cert_file_path>
            <key_file_path desc="Path to the key file" relative="false"></key_file_path>
            <ca_file_path desc="Path to the ca file" relative="false"></ca_file_path>
            <cipher_list desc="List of OpenSSL ciphers to accept. If empty the defaults are used. These can be overriden only if absolutely needed."></cipher_list>
        </ssl>
    </storage>

cloud\.mydomain\.com looks okay, if you change it to your server/domain.
Also restart loolwsd after the changes.

How do I restart loolwsd?

the docker will be restart his self. After change you can see that with:

docker ps

@PopeRigby

I think you guys might be going down a path that isn’t going to be helpful, but I’ll let you guys work on it for awhile to see if something comes up about it.

Here is what I would suggest however if you are going to edit the loolwsd.xml
Copy the file to your docker host make whatever changes you have to make, and then mount the file as a volume inside the container to the path /etc/loolwsd/loolwsd.xml. You might have a permissions issue since I think the file needs to be owned by lool:lool inside the container. It’s something you could try.

Then just restart the docker container again to pick up the changes (or possibly if mounted as an external volume you wouldn’t need to, however I’m betting collabora only reads the config file once upon starting but I don’t know that).

You’re right, that didn’t work. Still white screen. Any other suggestions?

See:

And then: 2. Use the configuration file directly

I think there is a problem that you want to use to dockers with collabora on the same server. I suggest to test my extern collabora server, to see if that is working, so you can see where the problem is.

@thijssie - You have to use docker with collabora on the same server if you are using the docker collobora version. Are you using collabora natively sans docker?

@PopeRigby - can you reach the administrator console?
https:///loleaflet/dist/admin/admin.html?

Yes, i use the docker version on a remote server and it is working perfectly.

Would I have to go to that URL from the host server? It’s headless.

Thats the url where collabora is active.

I don’t really understand. How can I access that URL from another computer on the same network?