Can I simple insert the microSD card from raspberry into odroid or rock64 to get all working

Hi

I have nextcloudpi working in raspberry 2 but it is too slow to open emails, open photos…
My question is can I simple insert the microSD card from raspberry into odroid or rock64 to get all working or I need to start from the scratch?

Thanks

Hi!

As I know, you can’t. Odroid or Rock64 os are based on armbian which is different from raspbian which is optimized for Raspberry Pi products.

My experience: just like you I was running Nextcloudpi on on a Raspberry Pi 2 but found it to slow. After much hesitations between Odroid devices and Rock64 I finally decided to go with the Rock64 (4gb, emmc for os + usb3 ssd for data). I still don’t know if it is the best choice but I’m very happy with the Rock64, the performance is really much better than the Raspberry Pi 2.
If you follow my choice, I would strongly recommand to get it with the emmc module for the os (don’t forget the emmc usb adapter for easy install of the os). It will be much more robust than running on the sd card…

1 Like