Can I delete these tables?

Hi

After installing/upgrading my NC from 12 to 13, I now see that the NC database has some funky named tables, And they seem to hold a lot of megabytes.

I am not sure where and how they got to be there, and I cant be sure if they are needed or now. I would like to delete them if they are not needed.

oc_ocr_jobs 	  	Browse Browse 	Structure Structure 	Search Search 	Insert Insert 	Empty Empty 	Drop Drop 	0 	InnoDB 	utf8_bin 	16 KiB 	-
	oc_oc_clndr_objects_df2e1c880e0f7 	  	Browse Browse 	Structure Structure 	Search Search 	Insert Insert 	Empty Empty 	Drop Drop 	0 	InnoDB 	utf8_bin 	16 KiB 	-
	oc_oc_filecache_5nxk29l75bxv0 	  	Browse Browse 	Structure Structure 	Search Search 	Insert Insert 	Empty Empty 	Drop Drop 	0 	InnoDB 	utf8_bin 	96 KiB 	-
	oc_oc_filecache_8cu8921prdzmp 	  	Browse Browse 	Structure Structure 	Search Search 	Insert Insert 	Empty Empty 	Drop Drop 	0 	InnoDB 	utf8_bin 	96 KiB 	-
	oc_oc_filecache_8mzko4rzvhzjj 	  	Browse Browse 	Structure Structure 	Search Search 	Insert Insert 	Empty Empty 	Drop Drop 	0 	InnoDB 	utf8_bin 	96 KiB 	-
	oc_oc_filecache_59b4tas0b0ggt 	  	Browse Browse 	Structure Structure 	Search Search 	Insert Insert 	Empty Empty 	Drop Drop 	~854,804 	InnoDB 	utf8_bin 	350.7 MiB 	-
	oc_oc_filecache_cf0hsc6h2fyn1 	  	Browse Browse 	Structure Structure 	Search Search 	Insert Insert 	Empty Empty 	Drop Drop 	~827,534 	InnoDB 	utf8_bin 	352.7 MiB 	-
	oc_oc_filecache_ekq70gcpnngqg 	  	Browse Browse 	Structure Structure 	Search Search 	Insert Insert 	Empty Empty 	Drop Drop 	0 	InnoDB 	utf8_bin 	96 KiB 	-
	oc_oc_filecache_yr4t2h9am8jde 	  	Browse Browse 	Structure Structure 	Search Search 	Insert Insert 	Empty Empty 	Drop Drop 	~1,464,973 	InnoDB 	utf8_bin 	651.1 MiB 	-
	oc_oc_jobs_zy6z37rl309kd 	  	Browse Browse 	Structure Structure 	Search Search 	Insert Insert 	Empty Empty 	Drop Drop 	26,958 	InnoDB 	utf8_bin 	10 MiB

Can I please get some recommendation on what to do with these tables? I would like to save some server space.

Probably nobody want to give you a green light to just delete them. I suppose that these tables with the random-string at the end (not the first table) were created during an upgrade or migration and the process did not end properly so the copy was kept.

@nickvergessen is our database expert and can hopefully clarify the situation.

If you need a quick solution, you could make a full backup of your system (especially your database), then move these tables to a different database, or export a copy of it, then remove them from this database and check if yourcloud is still working. Also check your config/config.php what database-prefix is used, is it just oc_ or oc_oc_? In case of oc_, these tables are probably not used.

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I will do a back and do a test delete.

That one should be kept as it’s part of an OCR (optical character recognition) app. But the oc_oc_*_<some weird numbers> tables can be removed. They are from old upgrade attempts

1 Like

thank you.