I use Nextcoud 24 with calendar. Everything is fine.
I use CalDAV to import the calendar items in Thunderbird. When I open Thunderbird, the synchronicing works, I get the alerts. But when I update an item, it takes 5~10 secondes to update the item. This is too slow. How can I speedup this point?
I had the same problem.
The solutions exposed here fixed it for my user : Several issues after upgrading to Nextcloud 21 - #3 by fabsta
I have updated Nextcloud but still facing the same problem. Things are very slow now.
Any other possible solutions?
Hi, I have also the same issue with Nextcloud 24.0.4. and Calendar 3.4.2. I don’t know whether this might be Thunderbird related. I am using different versions (91.11.0 (64-bit) to 102.1.2 (64-bit)).
I also don’t know if the protocol (CalDAV) doesn’t allow for a high amount of calendar entries. Is there a best practice, like e.g. changing your calendar every year?
I can’t really explain why, but I found a solution for me (also thanks to another post here).
What worked for me is the following:
- Like in the linked post described, I tried to set an App Password for Thunderbird alone.
- What I noticed was, that there were hundreds of entries in the list (beginning from 4 months ago or so).
- I set a App Password for Thunderbird and subscribed my calendar in Thunderbird again.
- The first test showed no improvement of speed.
- After revoking all the devices that were duplicates most of the time, I tested to add a new entry again and after only 1-2 seconds the entry was shown. Also deletion was almost instant (compared to the 5-10 seconds before).
PS: You find App Passwords under “Settings → Security”. You might have to scroll down a bit (like me).
I hope I could help someone with this. What the reason is - no clue. Might be related to this database-problem mentioned in the other linked problem/solution of @pielonet.