For testing I installed nextcloud on a normal amd PC with Dual Core Kaveri and 4 Gb RAM with a 500 GB Harddisk. (This is only the Testhardware, in productive operation it will be Raspberry Pi 3B, for 10 Users)
I Installed Debian Jessi, Nexcloud 11, php5, apache2 and all needed liberies. Using the mysql Database. (I did not install https Implementation or encryption)
Android Tablet (Version 4.4.2) and Firefox App (Version 50.1.0)
Normal PC with Firefox (Version 50.1) and IE (Version 11)
Android Handy (Version 4.3) Android Browser.
If I call Calendar App in Firefox (Version 50.1.0) on Android Tablet (Version 4.4.2) it freezes after loading the the events. Which means I cannot edit or create an event.
I still can switch between months but nothing else is possible. As it freezes and all events are visible but no interaction is possible its useless to post a screenshot.
If I call Calendar App in Android Handy (Version 4.3) Android Browser it freezes before loading the events. This is similar to the characteristics when using IE on normal PC.
Using normal PC Firefox (Version 50.1) all works fine although the preformance is with 4 - 6 sec, (average 4,8 sec) loading in my opionion real slow.
Number of events: around 150
testet with firebug)
I made a few preformance tests probably i will post the results in another thread.
- Firefox should be supported but there are some Issues with Android Firefox.
- IE and Android Browser is not supported but since there are on every device that’s a real pity.
- Owncloud 7.x Calendar App does not have these issues (works fine)
- Unfortunatly Calendar App is not usable if you really want to keep the Handy clean of your events therefore upgrading although better security and “newer” is not possible
- Will Calendar App updated to support Android Browser?
- Will Calendar App be updated to support Android Firefox?
- Will there be Preformance boosts to Calendar App (File Manager works between 2 and 3 seconds)?