Calendar app for Android with non-google account subscriptions?

I have Nextcloud working with the standard Google Calendar app on Android (via DAVdroid). However, the subscriptions to other calendars seem to depend on having a Google account. I would like to add the subscriptions I have in my ā€˜desktopā€™ Nextcloud calendar.
Is there a calendar app, or another way of doing this, that will permit adding subscriptions without the need to have a Google account?

Hi @technoboi, Iā€™m not sure I understand what youā€™re asking.

If the calendar you want to add is held by google, then youā€™ll need a google account to access it. However you can add multiple calendar directly in Nextcloud, and have them all appear on your Thunderbird/Outlook/web/phone. Just click on ā€œNew Calendarā€ in the Nextcloud web interface.

For example, I have two calendars in Nextcloud: one for personal appointments (in green) and the other listing public holidays (in blue). I can see both in my Nextcloud account when I log in through my browser, and I can see them both in Thunderbird via Lightning, and I can see them both on my Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini via the default calendar app.

If I understand your question correctly, hereā€™s what I would do:

• Export your google-login-required calendar as an ICS file
  • Import it into Nextcloud, creating a new calendar
  • Add the calendar to your phone - you might need to delete the existing DAVdroid calendar account and recreate it including the new calendar

Configure the new calendar in Nextcloud before adding it to your phone. Things like the colour of the calendar displayed on the phone tend to remain as whatever it was when it was first added, rather than changing to match Nextcloud later.

I have the two calendars and a birthdays subscription displayed on my phone in green, blue, and red. You can add as many calendars as you want displayed in whatever colours as you want, and the phone app should display them all.

I hope that helps. If Iā€™ve misunderstood your question, please clarify :slight_smile: