Calendar and sync issues after update

Hey guys and gals!

After a rather lengthy update procedure that I have already asked about, I have moved a very old NC installation (which started as OC way before NC was a thing) from 13 to the current 20.0.7. It was a bit of a pain, but not so much because of Nextcloud, but because of the shared hosting, where I have shell access, but the possibilities within the shell are rather “limiting”. During the update process, I had to change the php version and I am now on 7.4 - which is also the recommended version (by the ISP).

While I did check the “basic functionality”, I didn’t do in depth checks with every new version, so I can’t say, at which point the issues began. :man_shrugging: Sorry about that!

What now no longer works properly…

Calendar:
The list of calendars in the web interface is never populated. I only get the spinning circle which can go on forever where the calendar names should appear. No appointments are shown. Trying to create an appointment only gives me a second spinning circle. Although there is no icon/symbole shown for the change view menu, I can change the view of the calendar (week, month etc.). The views are all empty.

Tasks:
None are shown. As they are stored within the calendar, there is no surprise here.

Sync (webdav):
Couldn’t get Thunderbird (using TbSync) to connect to the NC, so I tried to rediscover everything, after which I get "Unknown Server Error (HTTP Error 500).

URL:
https://XXX/remote.php/dav/calendars/Christian/ (PROPFIND)

Request:
<d:propfind xmlns:d=“DAV:” xmlns:apple=“http://apple.com/ns/ical/” xmlns:cs=“Calendar and Contacts Server”><d:prop><d:current-user-privilege-set/><d:resourcetype /><d:displayname />apple:calendar-color/cs:source/</d:prop></d:propfind>

Response:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<d:error xmlns:d=“DAV:” xmlns:s=“sabre/dav”>
<s:exception>Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\InvalidFieldNameException</s:exception>
<s:message>An exception occurred while executing ‘SELECT * FROM oc_deck_attachment WHERE (card_id = ?) AND (deleted_at = ?)’ with params [1, 0]:

SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘deleted_at’ in ‘where clause’</s:message>

I have read the threads all around this one:
Database table seems broken after consecutive upgrades

This did not work for me because the columns in question seem to exist in my database:

ALTER TABLE oc_activity ADD object_id bigint(20) NOT NULL DEFAULT ‘0’
#1060 - Duplicate column name ‘object_id’

Note that I can also find the columns manually.

While working with the db, I found that the version was rather ancient:

5.5.60-0+deb7u1-log

The only other version offered is 5.7. I had to dump the old db, create a new one and upload the data into the new db. However, that caused some really weird problems, like the formatting of the web interface breaking pretty much. Functionality was still there for the most part, but the colours were all wrong (white icons on a white background) and the files list looked more like the details view in Thunar. So for now I decided to go back to the old one. :man_shrugging:

I’m a little out of ideas ATM. Can anyone help me out here? I really would like the calendar to work again. :innocent:

Best,
Chris