CalDav Synchronizer for Outlook

Hi,

I’m running NC 11.0.2 with Calender 1.5.3 for the server side and Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 for the client side. I have installed CalDav Synchronizer 2.22.2.0 and try to make it works with NC. I have configured a profile with my Google Calendar and it working. The other profile is configured but the NC calendar is not able to synchronize. It seems that my nginx web server reply with a 403 error code (Not allowed).

197.226.194.144 - laurent [03/Aug/2017:16:41:44 +0400] “PUT /remote.php/dav/8ae09459-0870-4c64-a238-920052ea0998.ics HTTP/1.1” 403 11466 “-” “CalDavSynchronizer/2.22” “-”

Help will be appreciated!
Laurent

i’m no pro myself but i got it runnung in a similar environment (outlook 2010, cal dav 2.22.2, win 7 sp1 (64)) and - bad enough for this comparison (other than that i love it) nc 12.0.0. (i had it running successfully as well under nc 11.0.2.)

i remember the setting up process as being a bit trricky in the beginning… like i needed to find out how exactly DAV url needed to be entered. but there’s a small trick and maybe this is gonna help you as well…

under “server settings” enter the DAV url like: https://your-domain.ie/remote.php/dav/ (keep an eye on the last slash) and then enter username and password (of your NC-user, of course) - and hit the button “test or discover settings” for me it came up with a popup where I could choose the wanted calendar. i just needed to click it.

hope that helps

1 Like

Hi Jimmy,

many thanks for your email and your help. I have tried again and hit the button and it works! I do not understand what I missed before because the DAV url and credentials were correct . Whatever thank’s again!

1 Like

no prob. glad i could help somehow.
if you wanted to mark this als solved it would help all… :slight_smile:

Hello,

I use this thread as the name is consistent with my issue and as I don’t find the solution elsewhere.

I succeeded in connecting to my nexcloud server but the synchro fails and I have the log bellow. Despite searching some solution on the forums for a while, I could’nt fix it. Any idea would be appreciated.

System.ArgumentException: Impossible de convertir la colonne spécifiée par index en chaîne.
Ă  Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook._Row.BinaryToString(Object Index)
Ă  CalDavSynchronizer.Implementation.Common.QueryOutlookFolderByGetTableStrategy.CalDavSynchronizer.Implementation.Common.IQueryOutlookAppointmentItemFolderStrategy.QueryAppointmentFolder(IOutlookSession session, Folder calendarFolder, String filter, IGetVersionsLogger logger)
Ă  CalDavSynchronizer.Implementation.Common.OutlookFolderStrategyWrapper.QueryAppointmentFolder(IOutlookSession session, Folder folder, String filter, IGetVersionsLogger logger)
à CalDavSynchronizer.Implementation.Events.OutlookEventRepository.GetAll(IEnumerable1 idsOfknownEntities, IEventSynchronizationContext context, IGetVersionsLogger logger) à CalDavSynchronizer.Implementation.Events.OutlookEventRepository.<GetAllVersions>d__13.MoveNext() --- Fin de la trace de la pile à partir de l'emplacement précédent au niveau duquel l'exception a été levée --- à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) à GenSync.EntityRepositories.VersionAwareToStateAwareEntityRepositoryAdapter4.d__5.MoveNext()
— Fin de la trace de la pile à partir de l’emplacement précédent au niveau duquel l’exception a été levée —
Ă  System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
Ă  System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
Ă  System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
à GenSync.Synchronization.Synchronizer11.<Synchronize>d__27.MoveNext() --- Fin de la trace de la pile à partir de l'emplacement précédent au niveau duquel l'exception a été levée --- à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) à GenSync.Synchronization.ContextCreatingSynchronizerDecorator7.d__3.MoveNext()
— Fin de la trace de la pile à partir de l’emplacement précédent au niveau duquel l’exception a été levée —
Ă  System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
Ă  System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
Ă  CalDavSynchronizer.Scheduling.SynchronizationProfileRunner.d__22.MoveNext()