CalDAV synchronization with IOS works only in one direction

Hi everyone. I have a strange issue. I’ve set up calendar account on an iphone thru CalDAV from my Nextcloud instance. But the calendar is syncing only in in one direction: when I create an event through a web interface in my Nextcloud account, it is being synced down to the phone. But when I create an event (in the same calendar – associated with CalDAV from my Nextcloud) on the same phone it never gets up to my Nextcloud – they’re there on the phone, but not seeing them thru web page on my Nextcloud. Waited for over an hour to rule out any syncing delays. I don’t really know how to debug this issue. Does perhaps anyone have any idea where to look for a problem?

Hi Prezu,

if you create an event on your phone and click on it, you should be able to see where it was created and mapped to. The value to Calendar must be your NC calendar.

1 Like

Hi Cyrus, thanks for replying. The Calendar value in both cases (created via web and in the phone) is the correct one. It is the calendar from my Nextcloud instance. On the phone I am certain I’m creating an event in correct calendar (the value you mentioned above is correct), but it is not being propagated to my Nextcloud. Not sure where to look for errors. Should it be signified somewhere in the logs?

Dear all,
I’m experiencing a similar issue, however in the other direction. Updates on my iPhone get synched with NextCloud however updates on NextCloud don’t get synched to IOS. It was working in the past (maybe a year or so when I started using the service) however my impression ist that it got worse over time. I have tried all options on the iPhone (currently IOS 16.3, however the problem occurred also in the previous installed version). NextCloud version is 24.0.10, however the problem existed as well with earlier versions.
I’d be appreciate every hint.
Thank you and kind regards
Michael

Briljant!
Had the same problem on andriod and thunderbird (windows): perfect sync to the device but no sync to the server. Problem was as described by Cyrus: devices saved the items to a local /different account
Wish I would have found this post 2 hours ago :cry: