I am trying to setup my iOS device with CalDav and CardDav.
Using this guide, I have been trying to setup CalDAV or CardDav however, I keep getting “Cannot connect using SSL”. I have SSL setup using a reverse proxy. The cert is not self-signed or anything like that.
Service discovery is working correctly. Heading to
/.well-known/caldav redirects correctly.
I have tried:
- Altering port to 443 or 80.
example.com/remote.php/dav/principals/users/USERNAME/ as the url.
- I have tried prefixing my instance url using
- Checking the requests are not being blocked (all ok here).
- As I have MFA enabled, using an app password instead of password.
Any other suggestions?
Any help is much appriciated. Thanks.
For my setup the SSL port is 443. Looks like iOS attemps to use 8443 by default.
- Generate an app password.
- For the server url supply:
- Enter your username in the
- Enter the app password for the password if your account has MFA enabled.
I hit the same error and was able to quickly confirm that for me the problem was
.well-known/caldav was not properly configured. So if a search for the error lead you here, definitely check all the steps that @anon72133131 rules out in their post.
Same problem. Solved with @anon72133131 answer on his own topic
When updating the documentation, we figured out that the service discovery was not set up correctly requiring to set a more complicated link than actually needed. The documentation was updated to add a specific hint for the service discovery troubleshooting: Include link to service discovery trouble shooting in iOS sync guide by networkException · Pull Request #8318 · nextcloud/documentation · GitHub