Hello Nextcloud community!
I’ve been trying over and over to get my Nextcloud #apps:calendar synced with my macOS and iOS, but it keeps returning that it can’t verify the user or password of this account. It neither works on Thunderbird, neither with TLSync on Thundebird… It’s quite annoying, because I’ve just been pushing for a move from G Suite to Nextcloud at my non-profit to be more coherent, and it feels like we can’t get it work well without having a developer on board (we also have troubles setting up Collabora and OnlyOffice…).
I’ve read several forum threads (including “Nexcloud has stopped syncing with my calender using CalDAV” and “Nextcloud MacOS CalDAV woes”, and read several times the troubleshooting advice provided by Nextcloud, but as a non-developer, many things seem quite obscure to me.
At the moment, the only thing I seem to have managed to do, is to setup the .htaccess files on my FTP (it was my first time setting up FTP files…!), which seems to have worked because I don’t have any message in my Nextcloud Hub settings saying that the .caldav address is not configured.
My question is quite simple: is there any simple way to fix this issue (for a non-developer like me), or could anyone here me help with the configuration of these calendars? Or else, is there anyone I could pay to do this setup and get going? Is Nextcloud Gmbh providing configuration support on-demand for non-enterprise packages?
Many thanks in advance for your help!
P.S.: I’m sharing my configuration info in case it might help:
- Nextcloud 19.0.2, setup with Cron (I don’t exactly know what this implies, but read that it is recommended)
- MacOS 10.14.5
- iOS 12.2.6
- Web hosting at Infomaniak (which has a Nextcloud Hub plugin for auto-configuration)
- Link from my Nextcloud calendar: mydomain_org/co/remote.php/dav/principals/users/me/
- N.B.: I replaced the “.org” by “_org” and a removed the https:// here because as a newbie to this forum I can only share 4 links apparently.
Let me know if you need anything else! I’m also up for a live video conference with direct access to the FTP/Nextcloud settings to configure this properly if needed.
In Thunderbird, when I try to setup the account with TLSync, here is the error message I get:
<d:propfind xmlns:d=“DAV:”><d:prop><d:current-user-principal /></d:prop></d:propfind>
Response:Object not found;!
P.S. #2: In my Nextcloud settings, I also have one message telling me that there has been an error yesterday and something went wrong in the background jobs (but I have no clue how to fix this, and the troubleshooting procedure looks way beyond my IT capacities), along with 2 recommendation messages:
- Aucun cache mémoire n’est configuré. Si possible, configurez un “memcache” pour améliorer les performances. Pour plus d’informations consultez la documentation.
- Le module PHP OPcache n’est pas disponible.