Cake symbol in task name

Hi.

Is there a way to disable creating the “cake” symbol that’s placed before the name in the task? In both MagicMirror and my Linux system, the cake symbol isn’t shown, but instead there is just a outlined bar replacing it.

– Mike

2 Likes

It is not possible to disable the symbols in front of birthday events. Due to the fact that utf-8 characters are used, which should be the standard for several years now, I would recommend to ask the developers of the apps why it isn’t displayed correctly on your system.
BTW, the symbols are correctly shown on Android devices, synced with e.g. DAVx5, on Win10 PC, using a Firefox browser, etc., etc.

1 Like

HEY – “Me want cookie!”
:crazy_face:

Naturally, a more appropriate answer was given by @j-ed
:innocent:

It is not possible to disable the symbols in front of birthday events. Due to the fact that utf-8 characters are used, which should be the standard for several years now, I would recommend to ask the developers of the apps why it isn’t displayed correctly on your system.
BTW, the symbols are correctly shown on Android devices, synced with e.g. DAVx5, on Win10 PC, using a Firefox browser, etc., etc.

Pretty odd that the symbol isn’t shown then, as you said UTF is pretty much standard :slight_smile: Not sure how MagicMirror handles UTF-8 (probably not at all?), but KDE should definitively handle it. Thank’s for the answer.

Yeah, I have the same problem here…

The symbol is described here in detail:

Asking the MagicMirror community or aunt G. might lead yo to a solution:

Found this thread due to having the same issue where magicmirror2’s cal doesnt play well with utf-8. I also agree that the cake icon works fine everywhere else i have seen it.

Personally, I feel that I didnt ask nextcloud to put a cake in the cal, so why is it, but to be honest its a pretty small issue all things considered.

As far as the magic mirror issue, you can string replace the cake out with the following in your config.js (i included a good bit before/after so you know exactly where to paste it)

{
                        module: "calendar",
                        header: "example Cal",
                        position: "top_left",
                        config: {
                                titleReplace: {"🎂":""},
                                calendars: [
                                        {
1 Like

Thanks for this!

Seem to missed your post before. I reinstalled MM couple of weeks ago and found that solution to, worked well. Personally I think the symbol should be removed altogether, there’s really no need for it and doesn’t play well with some integrations.

I use KDE’s own birthday integration, the calendar from NextCloud still just show an outline box instead of a cake symbol.