Caching of photos preventing updates

[/details]

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): Nextcloud Hub 6 (27.1.0)
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Linux 6.1.0-0.deb11.11-amd64 x86_64
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): not sure, I’m using the nextcloud official docker image latest as of 9/20/23 at 8:30am est.
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 8.2.10

The issue you are facing:

I use external folders to access photos. Sometimes I reexport the photos after editting in lightroom to the same names. When I browse on the web to these photos the full image is still showing the old one. I can use occ preview:generate to get the preview updated, but when I display the whole photo in nextcloud it is the old one. If I download the file I do get the updated one. I suspect this is some browser caching issue but I’ve looked and tried to clear cache, use incognito mode, etc and it won’t clear.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y, but also first time I looked for it.

Steps to replicate it:

1. View some photos in an external folder.
  2. Update the photos through some other means (lightroom)
  3. See the timestamps have changed in the nextcloud files list.
  4. Open the photo and see the old non-updated photo.

FWIW I don’t think this is a client side cache issue because i tried another computer and see the wrong files on that one too. Somewhere nextcloud is caching the old file.

Disabling previews for the folder fixes it but then it takes longer to load an image. Nothing else fixes it. previews:generate previews:generate-all, etc. I can see generate-all with the path lists the files being generated, but it makes no difference. Always shows the old file.