[BUG] Internal server error on some domain name - webui break

It is really strange that you don’t have any error logs after an Internal Server error. Are you sure that you are running the apache (normally “Internal Server Errors” is a heading and therefore larger)? Can you check with:

netstat -tulpen

which process binds to port 80 and 443?

You just have one webserver, no reverse proxy or anything? In your place, I’d always use domain names and https-connections, even in a local network (you can set the hostname to your local ip via your dns resolver on the local network or the hosts-file of your system if it is a desktop system and always connected via local network).

The database error in your logfile just says that the connection to the database server was lost. You could try to find out if the webserver run into a timeout or if the database server closed the connection. Normally, I’d expect such an error if you do a lot of file operations, it shouldn’t show up during normal usage at all.

root@servername:/home/user# netstat -tulpen | grep -E ":80|:443"
tcp6       0      0 :::443                  :::*                    LISTEN      0          944496      9659/apache2    
tcp6       0      0 :::80                   :::*                    LISTEN      0          944492      9659/apache2

My other webservice don’t have problem.

Yes i use load balancer (haproxy), internal ip is used only by windows client (where some time, for unknowed reason the hosts file don’t has effect).

And the question is why it’s working on one hostname and has stop to work on the others if it’s a database problem (who probably affect all hostname without exception).

I love nextcloud, but really it’s the second, possible the third time that crash coming on the last months. :cry: (during the last crash i have lost some old family pictures and other files :frowning: )

For proxy usage, you generally have set a few parameters in your config.php:

In this case, it will be difficult to run Nextcloud at the same time without proxy. The
"overwritecondaddr" => "^10\.0\.0\.1$",
could allow you to do this (Reverse Proxy Configuration — Nextcloud 12 Server Administration Manual 12 documentation)

No idea where the crashs came from, you think they are related to this problem? Load balancers and stuff really complicate the setup, if you don’t really need them, perhaps start simple first. I don’t know any serious bugs in current versions that create data loss.

You mean you had to restore them from backup.

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

I have add the option but nothing. :frowning: The last month i don’t have use this parameter and no problem for access.

I m an “old” user of nextcloud. And before it’s born i have used owncloud many month :slight_smile: But after has lost my machine (hardware break), i have try to re-creat a more resistant system who do not depend on a lonely machine.
Their is no problem with the load balancer (i have an other webservice who actually work). And synchronisation + webdav/davfs2 work on all domain/ip internal via the load balancer or via direct connexion. The bug is in the webui.

Actually i don’t know how to restore files from Nextcloud crashing with Encryption module enabled (without encryption it’s easy, re-install nextcloud, delete the database and restore from backup).

It’s just an additional layer and access via the load balancer works while access through local network doesn’t.

However, the internal server error is strange and you should get an error message in the logs. Did you disable logging on apache?

For the error in your nextcloud log, I found a related topic on github where there were permission issues:

Did you see the same problem when you disabled theming?

Server-side encryption was designed for external storages. If your main storage is on the same hardware, encryption mainly adds a lot of complexity on your system. Backup should be possible as well, but to have a working database, files, encryption keys is very critical.

We can forget the load balancer in this problem :

No they are enable. If i add a programming error i can view it in the /apache2/error.log
I think if their is nothing in the error file it’s because the problem don’t come from apache2 (his config has working during some month without any problem, i don’t have touch before this crash)

I have try yesterday : if i disable/re-enable theming it’s don’t change anything. But after have disable and enable 5x the theming my webui is fully broken (i have repare it with re-inject the nextcloud server files from the second server).
Of course i have chown and chmod for check the permissions issue but nothing.

I don’t like the actual encryption module (so instable), but i don’t like a bad guy can acceed to my data when a disk going to reparation :stuck_out_tongue:
Yes actually i have regular backup of the database but not of the server files. I will try to push a previous database backup for view if it’s change anything. (but with the nextcloud update and extension update, the result is possibly random).

Question: do you think i can re-install nextcloud without lost (if i re-use the same data folder without remove some file, and re-inject my database backup)? Any problem with the encryption module?

Where does it come from instead? The formatting does indeed not look like apache. Do you use a proxy server? When you pass through the load balancer, can you see if the error message passes it or if it is generated before?

What is now the differences when it works and when it doesn’t? The hostname?

thank to try to help me @tflidd, this crash depresses me completely :cry:

No i don’t use proxy.
In the last screenshot you can view the same error if i going throught the load balancer of if i acceed to the server directly (via /etc/hosts modification). And when i have this message their is some lines in nextcloud.log (i have post some of them in my first message). I think the message come from nextcloud directly (i have 2 server for this nextcloud and the 2 server has the same comportment, same error).

Now it’s fully bugged :cry:
For some files if i want to rename or remove it i need use server’s filesystem.

For some shared files, not all, when i try to download i have an Firefox’s error :

Fichier introuvable

Firefox ne peut trouver le fichier à l’adresse https://cloud.hostname.com/remote.php/webdav/backup_serverName/daily/nextcloud/nextcloud_2017-11-27_08h&45m.lundi.sql.gz?downloadStartSecret=1c4sf3543.

Vérifiez la syntaxe du nom de fichier (dont le respect des minuscules/majuscules) ;
    Vérifiez si le fichier n’a pas été déplacé, renommé ou supprimé.

=> google translate

File not found

Firefox can not find the file at https://cloud.hostname.com/remote.php/webdav/backup_serverName/daily/nextcloud/nextcloud_2017-11-27_08h&45m.lundi.sql.gz?downloadStartSecret=1c4sf3543.

Check the syntax of the file name (including case sensitive);
     Check if the file has not been moved, renamed or deleted.

the file exist (i can see it in the server’s filesystem. Via webdav/davfs2 i have input/output error (via the owner user and via the other user whe can access to the shared folder). Nothing about that in nextcloud.log.

And during the attempt of reparation i have lost all tags and break all shared folders (i have recreat some).

PS: sorry for my not really good english :frowning:

pfffff it starts crashing again., with a fresh Nextcloud (12 prod) scalable installation. Nextcloud has stop to work with installation more bigger than 200Go? Actually the life of nextcloud is ± 1 week and after pouff crash.

Yesterday i have see some bug (some android application who make really long time for connect and some (android note) simply not connect with said “URL error or blablabla”.
But today, it’s the great return of “Internal Server Error” (on all domain name this time)

When i connect an user, i have the following lines in nextcloud.log

{"reqId":"LzvaZ0WkxOXR6dEBVcVu","level":3,"time":"2018-01-13T12:33:40+00:00","remoteAddr":"10.8.2.42","user":"--","app":"core","method":"GET","url":"\/index.php\/apps\/theming\/styles?v=0","message":"Exception: {\"Exception\":\"OCP\\\\Files\\\\NotPermittedException\",\"Message\":\"\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/dataNextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Files\\\/SimpleFS\\\/SimpleFile.php(104): OC\\\\Files\\\\Node\\\\File->delete()\\n#1 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/dataNextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Template\\\/SCSSCacher.php(254): OC\\\\Files\\\\SimpleFS\\\\SimpleFile->delete()\\n#2 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/dataNextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Template\\\/SCSSCacher.php(164): OC\\\\Template\\\\SCSSCacher->resetCache()\\n#3 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/dataNextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Template\\\/SCSSCacher.php(109): OC\\\\Template\\\\SCSSCacher->variablesChanged()\\n#4 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/dataNextcloud\\\/apps\\\/theming\\\/lib\\\/Controller\\\/ThemingController.php(382): OC\\\\Template\\\\SCSSCacher->process('\\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/s...', 'apps\\\/theming\\\/cs...', 'theming')\\n#5 [internal function]: OCA\\\\Theming\\\\Controller\\\\ThemingController->getStylesheet()\\n#6 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/dataNextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/AppFramework\\\/Http\\\/Dispatcher.php(160): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\\n#7 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/dataNextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/AppFramework\\\/Http\\\/Dispatcher.php(90): OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\Http\\\\Dispatcher->executeController(Object(OCA\\\\Theming\\\\Controller\\\\ThemingController), 'getStylesheet')\\n#8 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/dataNextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/AppFramework\\\/App.php(114): OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\Http\\\\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(OCA\\\\Theming\\\\Controller\\\\ThemingController), 'getStylesheet')\\n#9 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/dataNextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/AppFramework\\\/Routing\\\/RouteActionHandler.php(47): OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\App::main('OCA\\\\\\\\Theming\\\\\\\\Con...', 'getStylesheet', Object(OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\DependencyInjection\\\\DIContainer), Array)\\n#10 [internal function]: OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\Routing\\\\RouteActionHandler->__invoke(Array)\\n#11 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/dataNextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Route\\\/Router.php(299): call_user_func(Object(OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\Routing\\\\RouteActionHandler), Array)\\n#12 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/dataNextcloud\\\/lib\\\/base.php(1004): OC\\\\Route\\\\Router->match('\\\/apps\\\/theming\\\/s...')\\n#13 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/dataNextcloud\\\/index.php(48): OC::handleRequest()\\n#14 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/dataNextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Files\\\/Node\\\/File.php\",\"Line\":122}","userAgent":"Mozilla\/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:52.0) Gecko\/20100101 Firefox\/52.0","version":"12.0.4.3"}
{"reqId":"LzvaZ0WkxOXR6dEBVcVu","level":3,"time":"2018-01-13T12:33:40+00:00","remoteAddr":"10.8.2.42","user":"--","app":"core","method":"GET","url":"\/index.php\/apps\/theming\/styles?v=0","message":"Exception: {\"Exception\":\"OCP\\\\Files\\\\NotPermittedException\",\"Message\":\"\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/dataNextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Files\\\/SimpleFS\\\/SimpleFile.php(104): OC\\\\Files\\\\Node\\\\File->delete()\\n#1 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/dataNextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Template\\\/SCSSCacher.php(254): OC\\\\Files\\\\SimpleFS\\\\SimpleFile->delete()\\n#2 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/dataNextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Template\\\/SCSSCacher.php(164): OC\\\\Template\\\\SCSSCacher->resetCache()\\n#3 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/dataNextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Template\\\/SCSSCacher.php(109): OC\\\\Template\\\\SCSSCacher->variablesChanged()\\n#4 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/dataNextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Template\\\/CSSResourceLocator.php(105): OC\\\\Template\\\\SCSSCacher->process('\\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/s...', 'core\\\/css\\\/server...', 'core')\\n#5 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/dataNextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Template\\\/CSSResourceLocator.php(57): OC\\\\Template\\\\CSSResourceLocator->cacheAndAppendScssIfExist('\\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/s...', 'core\\\/css\\\/server...')\\n#6 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/dataNextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Template\\\/ResourceLocator.php(76): OC\\\\Template\\\\CSSResourceLocator->doFind('css\\\/server')\\n#7 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/dataNextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/TemplateLayout.php(225): OC\\\\Template\\\\ResourceLocator->find(Array)\\n#8 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/dataNextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/TemplateLayout.php(170): OC\\\\TemplateLayout::findStylesheetFiles(Array)\\n#9 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/dataNextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/legacy\\\/template.php(205): OC\\\\TemplateLayout->__construct('error', '')\\n#10 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/dataNextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Template\\\/Base.php(132): OC_Template->fetchPage()\\n#11 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/dataNextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/legacy\\\/template.php(342): OC\\\\Template\\\\Base->printPage()\\n#12 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/dataNextcloud\\\/index.php(67): OC_Template::printExceptionErrorPage(Object(OCP\\\\Files\\\\NotPermittedException))\\n#13 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/dataNextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Files\\\/Node\\\/File.php\",\"Line\":122}","userAgent":"Mozilla\/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:52.0) Gecko\/20100101 Firefox\/52.0","version":"12.0.4.3"}

{"reqId":"MS0zZU9GSF4MAbhho4U7","level":3,"time":"2018-01-13T12:46:25+00:00","remoteAddr":"10.8.2.42","user":"linuxfr","app":"index","method":"GET","url":"\/index.php\/apps\/files\/","message":"Exception: {\"Exception\":\"OCP\\\\Files\\\\NotPermittedException\",\"Message\":\"\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Files\\\/SimpleFS\\\/SimpleFile.php(104): OC\\\\Files\\\\Node\\\\File->delete()\\n#1 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Template\\\/SCSSCacher.php(254): OC\\\\Files\\\\SimpleFS\\\\SimpleFile->delete()\\n#2 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Template\\\/SCSSCacher.php(164): OC\\\\Template\\\\SCSSCacher->resetCache()\\n#3 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Template\\\/SCSSCacher.php(109): OC\\\\Template\\\\SCSSCacher->variablesChanged()\\n#4 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Template\\\/CSSResourceLocator.php(105): OC\\\\Template\\\\SCSSCacher->process('\\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/s...', 'core\\\/css\\\/server...', 'core')\\n#5 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Template\\\/CSSResourceLocator.php(57): OC\\\\Template\\\\CSSResourceLocator->cacheAndAppendScssIfExist('\\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/s...', 'core\\\/css\\\/server...')\\n#6 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Template\\\/ResourceLocator.php(76): OC\\\\Template\\\\CSSResourceLocator->doFind('css\\\/server')\\n#7 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/TemplateLayout.php(225): OC\\\\Template\\\\ResourceLocator->find(Array)\\n#8 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/TemplateLayout.php(170): OC\\\\TemplateLayout::findStylesheetFiles(Array)\\n#9 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/legacy\\\/template.php(205): OC\\\\TemplateLayout->__construct('user', 'files')\\n#10 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/public\\\/AppFramework\\\/Http\\\/TemplateResponse.php(157): OC_Template->fetchPage()\\n#11 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/AppFramework\\\/Http\\\/Dispatcher.php(113): OCP\\\\AppFramework\\\\Http\\\\TemplateResponse->render()\\n#12 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/AppFramework\\\/App.php(114): OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\Http\\\\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(OCA\\\\Files\\\\Controller\\\\ViewController), 'index')\\n#13 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/AppFramework\\\/Routing\\\/RouteActionHandler.php(47): OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\App::main('ViewController', 'index', Object(OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\DependencyInjection\\\\DIContainer), Array)\\n#14 [internal function]: OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\Routing\\\\RouteActionHandler->__invoke(Array)\\n#15 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Route\\\/Router.php(299): call_user_func(Object(OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\Routing\\\\RouteActionHandler), Array)\\n#16 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/base.php(1004): OC\\\\Route\\\\Router->match('\\\/apps\\\/files\\\/')\\n#17 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/index.php(48): OC::handleRequest()\\n#18 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Files\\\/Node\\\/File.php\",\"Line\":122}","userAgent":"Mozilla\/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:52.0) Gecko\/20100101 Firefox\/52.0","version":"12.0.4.3"}
{"reqId":"MS0zZU9GSF4MAbhho4U7","level":3,"time":"2018-01-13T12:46:25+00:00","remoteAddr":"10.8.2.42","user":"linuxfr","app":"core","method":"GET","url":"\/index.php\/apps\/files\/","message":"Exception: {\"Exception\":\"OCP\\\\Files\\\\NotPermittedException\",\"Message\":\"\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Files\\\/SimpleFS\\\/SimpleFile.php(104): OC\\\\Files\\\\Node\\\\File->delete()\\n#1 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Template\\\/SCSSCacher.php(254): OC\\\\Files\\\\SimpleFS\\\\SimpleFile->delete()\\n#2 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Template\\\/SCSSCacher.php(164): OC\\\\Template\\\\SCSSCacher->resetCache()\\n#3 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Template\\\/SCSSCacher.php(109): OC\\\\Template\\\\SCSSCacher->variablesChanged()\\n#4 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Template\\\/CSSResourceLocator.php(105): OC\\\\Template\\\\SCSSCacher->process('\\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/s...', 'core\\\/css\\\/server...', 'core')\\n#5 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Template\\\/CSSResourceLocator.php(57): OC\\\\Template\\\\CSSResourceLocator->cacheAndAppendScssIfExist('\\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/s...', 'core\\\/css\\\/server...')\\n#6 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Template\\\/ResourceLocator.php(76): OC\\\\Template\\\\CSSResourceLocator->doFind('css\\\/server')\\n#7 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/TemplateLayout.php(225): OC\\\\Template\\\\ResourceLocator->find(Array)\\n#8 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/TemplateLayout.php(170): OC\\\\TemplateLayout::findStylesheetFiles(Array)\\n#9 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/legacy\\\/template.php(205): OC\\\\TemplateLayout->__construct('user', 'files')\\n#10 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/public\\\/AppFramework\\\/Http\\\/TemplateResponse.php(157): OC_Template->fetchPage()\\n#11 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/AppFramework\\\/Http\\\/Dispatcher.php(113): OCP\\\\AppFramework\\\\Http\\\\TemplateResponse->render()\\n#12 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/AppFramework\\\/App.php(114): OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\Http\\\\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(OCA\\\\Files\\\\Controller\\\\ViewController), 'index')\\n#13 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/AppFramework\\\/Routing\\\/RouteActionHandler.php(47): OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\App::main('ViewController', 'index', Object(OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\DependencyInjection\\\\DIContainer), Array)\\n#14 [internal function]: OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\Routing\\\\RouteActionHandler->__invoke(Array)\\n#15 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Route\\\/Router.php(299): call_user_func(Object(OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\Routing\\\\RouteActionHandler), Array)\\n#16 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/base.php(1004): OC\\\\Route\\\\Router->match('\\\/apps\\\/files\\\/')\\n#17 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/index.php(48): OC::handleRequest()\\n#18 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Files\\\/Node\\\/File.php\",\"Line\":122}","userAgent":"Mozilla\/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:52.0) Gecko\/20100101 Firefox\/52.0","version":"12.0.4.3"}
{"reqId":"MS0zZU9GSF4MAbhho4U7","level":3,"time":"2018-01-13T12:46:25+00:00","remoteAddr":"10.8.2.42","user":"linuxfr","app":"core","method":"GET","url":"\/index.php\/apps\/files\/","message":"Exception: {\"Exception\":\"OCP\\\\Files\\\\NotPermittedException\",\"Message\":\"\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Files\\\/SimpleFS\\\/SimpleFile.php(104): OC\\\\Files\\\\Node\\\\File->delete()\\n#1 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Template\\\/SCSSCacher.php(254): OC\\\\Files\\\\SimpleFS\\\\SimpleFile->delete()\\n#2 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Template\\\/SCSSCacher.php(164): OC\\\\Template\\\\SCSSCacher->resetCache()\\n#3 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Template\\\/SCSSCacher.php(109): OC\\\\Template\\\\SCSSCacher->variablesChanged()\\n#4 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Template\\\/CSSResourceLocator.php(105): OC\\\\Template\\\\SCSSCacher->process('\\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/s...', 'core\\\/css\\\/server...', 'core')\\n#5 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Template\\\/CSSResourceLocator.php(57): OC\\\\Template\\\\CSSResourceLocator->cacheAndAppendScssIfExist('\\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/s...', 'core\\\/css\\\/server...')\\n#6 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Template\\\/ResourceLocator.php(76): OC\\\\Template\\\\CSSResourceLocator->doFind('css\\\/server')\\n#7 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/TemplateLayout.php(225): OC\\\\Template\\\\ResourceLocator->find(Array)\\n#8 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/TemplateLayout.php(170): OC\\\\TemplateLayout::findStylesheetFiles(Array)\\n#9 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/legacy\\\/template.php(205): OC\\\\TemplateLayout->__construct('error', '')\\n#10 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Template\\\/Base.php(132): OC_Template->fetchPage()\\n#11 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/legacy\\\/template.php(342): OC\\\\Template\\\\Base->printPage()\\n#12 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/index.php(67): OC_Template::printExceptionErrorPage(Object(OCP\\\\Files\\\\NotPermittedException))\\n#13 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\\/var\\\/www\\\/html\\\/services\\\/nextcloud2018\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Files\\\/Node\\\/File.php\",\"Line\":122}","userAgent":"Mozilla\/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:52.0) Gecko\/20100101 Firefox\/52.0","version":"12.0.4.3"}

But after the connexion has “successfull” i have a white page with the following displayed lines.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the server log.

If i refresh the page, their is not other lines added in nextcloud.log but in /var/log/apache2/error.log i have

[Sat Jan 13 13:57:18.875711 2018] [:error] [pid 2795] [client 10.8.0.42:59080] {"reqId":"8Lk3K5bqh6EYDKLKrhak","level":3,"time":"2018-01-13T12:57:18+00:00","remoteAddr":"10.8.0.42","user":"MyUser","app":"index","method":"GET","url":"\\/index.php\\/apps\\/files\\/","message":"Exception: {\\"Exception\\":\\"OCP\\\\\\\\Files\\\\\\\\NotPermittedException\\",\\"Message\\":\\"\\",\\"Code\\":0,\\"Trace\\":\\"#0 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/Files\\\\\\/SimpleFS\\\\\\/SimpleFile.php(104): OC\\\\\\\\Files\\\\\\\\Node\\\\\\\\File->delete()\\\\n#1 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/Template\\\\\\/SCSSCacher.php(254): OC\\\\\\\\Files\\\\\\\\SimpleFS\\\\\\\\SimpleFile->delete()\\\\n#2 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/Template\\\\\\/SCSSCacher.php(164): OC\\\\\\\\Template\\\\\\\\SCSSCacher->resetCache()\\\\n#3 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/Template\\\\\\/SCSSCacher.php(109): OC\\\\\\\\Template\\\\\\\\SCSSCacher->variablesChanged()\\\\n#4 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/Template\\\\\\/CSSResourceLocator.php(105): OC\\\\\\\\Template\\\\\\\\SCSSCacher->process('\\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/s...', 'core\\\\\\/css\\\\\\/server...', 'core')\\\\n#5 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/Template\\\\\\/CSSResourceLocator.php(57): OC\\\\\\\\Template\\\\\\\\CSSResourceLocator->cacheAndAppendScssIfExist('\\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/s...', 'core\\\\\\/css\\\\\\/server...')\\\\n#6 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/Template\\\\\\/ResourceLocator.php(76): OC\\\\\\\\Template\\\\\\\\CSSResourceLocator->doFind('css\\\\\\/server')\\\\n#7 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/TemplateLayout.php(225): OC\\\\\\\\Template\\\\\\\\ResourceLocator->find(Array)\\\\n#8 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/TemplateLayout.php(170): OC\\\\\\\\TemplateLayout::findStylesheetFiles(Array)\\\\n#9 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/legacy\\\\\\/template.php(205): OC\\\\\\\\TemplateLayout->__construct('user', 'files')\\\\n#10 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/public\\\\\\/AppFramework\\\\\\/Http\\\\\\/TemplateResponse.php(157): OC_Template->fetchPage()\\\\n#11 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/AppFramework\\\\\\/Http\\\\\\/Dispatcher.php(113): OCP\\\\\\\\AppFramework\\\\\\\\Http\\\\\\\\TemplateResponse->render()\\\\n#12 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/AppFramework\\\\\\/App.php(114): OC\\\\\\\\AppFramework\\\\\\\\Http\\\\\\\\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(OCA\\\\\\\\Files\\\\\\\\Controller\\\\\\\\ViewController), 'index')\\\\n#13 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/AppFramework\\\\\\/Routing\\\\\\/RouteActionHandler.php(47): OC\\\\\\\\AppFramework\\\\\\\\App::main('ViewController', 'index', Object(OC\\\\\\\\AppFramework\\\\\\\\DependencyInjection\\\\\\\\DIContainer), Array)\\\\n#14 [internal function]: OC\\\\\\\\AppFramework\\\\\\\\Routing\\\\\\\\RouteActionHandler->__invoke(Array)\\\\n#15 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/Route\\\\\\/Router.php(299): call_user_func(Object(OC\\\\\\\\AppFramework\\\\\\\\Routing\\\\\\\\RouteActionHandler), Array)\\\\n#16 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/base.php(1004): OC\\\\\\\\Route\\\\\\\\Router->match('\\\\\\/apps\\\\\\/files\\\\\\/')\\\\n#17 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/index.php(48): OC::handleRequest()\\\\n#18 {main}\\",\\"File\\":\\"\\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/Files\\\\\\/Node\\\\\\/File.php\\",\\"Line\\":122}","userAgent":"Mozilla\\/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:52.0) Gecko\\/20100101 Firefox\\/52.0","version":"12.0.4.3"}
[Sat Jan 13 13:57:18.960157 2018] [:error] [pid 2795] [client 10.8.0.42:59080] {"reqId":"8Lk3K5bqh6EYDKLKrhak","level":3,"time":"2018-01-13T12:57:18+00:00","remoteAddr":"10.8.0.42","user":"MyUser","app":"core","method":"GET","url":"\\/index.php\\/apps\\/files\\/","message":"Exception: {\\"Exception\\":\\"OCP\\\\\\\\Files\\\\\\\\NotPermittedException\\",\\"Message\\":\\"\\",\\"Code\\":0,\\"Trace\\":\\"#0 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/Files\\\\\\/SimpleFS\\\\\\/SimpleFile.php(104): OC\\\\\\\\Files\\\\\\\\Node\\\\\\\\File->delete()\\\\n#1 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/Template\\\\\\/SCSSCacher.php(254): OC\\\\\\\\Files\\\\\\\\SimpleFS\\\\\\\\SimpleFile->delete()\\\\n#2 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/Template\\\\\\/SCSSCacher.php(164): OC\\\\\\\\Template\\\\\\\\SCSSCacher->resetCache()\\\\n#3 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/Template\\\\\\/SCSSCacher.php(109): OC\\\\\\\\Template\\\\\\\\SCSSCacher->variablesChanged()\\\\n#4 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/Template\\\\\\/CSSResourceLocator.php(105): OC\\\\\\\\Template\\\\\\\\SCSSCacher->process('\\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/s...', 'core\\\\\\/css\\\\\\/server...', 'core')\\\\n#5 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/Template\\\\\\/CSSResourceLocator.php(57): OC\\\\\\\\Template\\\\\\\\CSSResourceLocator->cacheAndAppendScssIfExist('\\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/s...', 'core\\\\\\/css\\\\\\/server...')\\\\n#6 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/Template\\\\\\/ResourceLocator.php(76): OC\\\\\\\\Template\\\\\\\\CSSResourceLocator->doFind('css\\\\\\/server')\\\\n#7 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/TemplateLayout.php(225): OC\\\\\\\\Template\\\\\\\\ResourceLocator->find(Array)\\\\n#8 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/TemplateLayout.php(170): OC\\\\\\\\TemplateLayout::findStylesheetFiles(Array)\\\\n#9 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/legacy\\\\\\/template.php(205): OC\\\\\\\\TemplateLayout->__construct('user', 'files')\\\\n#10 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/public\\\\\\/AppFramework\\\\\\/Http\\\\\\/TemplateResponse.php(157): OC_Template->fetchPage()\\\\n#11 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/AppFramework\\\\\\/Http\\\\\\/Dispatcher.php(113): OCP\\\\\\\\AppFramework\\\\\\\\Http\\\\\\\\TemplateResponse->render()\\\\n#12 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/AppFramework\\\\\\/App.php(114): OC\\\\\\\\AppFramework\\\\\\\\Http\\\\\\\\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(OCA\\\\\\\\Files\\\\\\\\Controller\\\\\\\\ViewController), 'index')\\\\n#13 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/AppFramework\\\\\\/Routing\\\\\\/RouteActionHandler.php(47): OC\\\\\\\\AppFramework\\\\\\\\App::main('ViewController', 'index', Object(OC\\\\\\\\AppFramework\\\\\\\\DependencyInjection\\\\\\\\DIContainer), Array)\\\\n#14 [internal function]: OC\\\\\\\\AppFramework\\\\\\\\Routing\\\\\\\\RouteActionHandler->__invoke(Array)\\\\n#15 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/Route\\\\\\/Router.php(299): call_user_func(Object(OC\\\\\\\\AppFramework\\\\\\\\Routing\\\\\\\\RouteActionHandler), Array)\\\\n#16 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/base.php(1004): OC\\\\\\\\Route\\\\\\\\Router->match('\\\\\\/apps\\\\\\/files\\\\\\/')\\\\n#17 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/index.php(48): OC::handleRequest()\\\\n#18 {main}\\",\\"File\\":\\"\\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/Files\\\\\\/Node\\\\\\/File.php\\",\\"Line\\":122}","userAgent":"Mozilla\\/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:52.0) Gecko\\/20100101 Firefox\\/52.0","version":"12.0.4.3"}
[Sat Jan 13 13:57:18.960509 2018] [:error] [pid 2795] [client 10.8.0.42:59080] {"reqId":"8Lk3K5bqh6EYDKLKrhak","level":3,"time":"2018-01-13T12:57:18+00:00","remoteAddr":"10.8.0.42","user":"MyUser","app":"core","method":"GET","url":"\\/index.php\\/apps\\/files\\/","message":"Exception: {\\"Exception\\":\\"OCP\\\\\\\\Files\\\\\\\\NotPermittedException\\",\\"Message\\":\\"\\",\\"Code\\":0,\\"Trace\\":\\"#0 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/Files\\\\\\/SimpleFS\\\\\\/SimpleFile.php(104): OC\\\\\\\\Files\\\\\\\\Node\\\\\\\\File->delete()\\\\n#1 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/Template\\\\\\/SCSSCacher.php(254): OC\\\\\\\\Files\\\\\\\\SimpleFS\\\\\\\\SimpleFile->delete()\\\\n#2 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/Template\\\\\\/SCSSCacher.php(164): OC\\\\\\\\Template\\\\\\\\SCSSCacher->resetCache()\\\\n#3 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/Template\\\\\\/SCSSCacher.php(109): OC\\\\\\\\Template\\\\\\\\SCSSCacher->variablesChanged()\\\\n#4 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/Template\\\\\\/CSSResourceLocator.php(105): OC\\\\\\\\Template\\\\\\\\SCSSCacher->process('\\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/s...', 'core\\\\\\/css\\\\\\/server...', 'core')\\\\n#5 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/Template\\\\\\/CSSResourceLocator.php(57): OC\\\\\\\\Template\\\\\\\\CSSResourceLocator->cacheAndAppendScssIfExist('\\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/s...', 'core\\\\\\/css\\\\\\/server...')\\\\n#6 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/Template\\\\\\/ResourceLocator.php(76): OC\\\\\\\\Template\\\\\\\\CSSResourceLocator->doFind('css\\\\\\/server')\\\\n#7 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/TemplateLayout.php(225): OC\\\\\\\\Template\\\\\\\\ResourceLocator->find(Array)\\\\n#8 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/TemplateLayout.php(170): OC\\\\\\\\TemplateLayout::findStylesheetFiles(Array)\\\\n#9 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/legacy\\\\\\/template.php(205): OC\\\\\\\\TemplateLayout->__construct('error', '')\\\\n#10 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/Template\\\\\\/Base.php(132): OC_Template->fetchPage()\\\\n#11 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/legacy\\\\\\/template.php(342): OC\\\\\\\\Template\\\\\\\\Base->printPage()\\\\n#12 \\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/index.php(67): OC_Template::printExceptionErrorPage(Object(OCP\\\\\\\\Files\\\\\\\\NotPermittedException))\\\\n#13 {main}\\",\\"File\\":\\"\\\\\\/var\\\\\\/www\\\\\\/html\\\\\\/services\\\\\\/nextcloud2018\\\\\\/lib\\\\\\/private\\\\\\/Files\\\\\\/Node\\\\\\/File.php\\",\\"Line\\":122}","userAgent":"Mozilla\\/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:52.0) Gecko\\/20100101 Firefox\\/52.0","version":"12.0.4.3"}

Nextcloud is dead?

I check all issue, possible a btrfs (jbod) problem?

root@MyServer:/# btrfs device stats /media/superPartition
[/dev/sdb].write_io_errs   0
[/dev/sdb].read_io_errs    174
[/dev/sdb].flush_io_errs   0
[/dev/sdb].corruption_errs 0
[/dev/sdb].generation_errs 0
[/dev/sdc].write_io_errs   0
[/dev/sdc].read_io_errs    0
[/dev/sdc].flush_io_errs   0
[/dev/sdc].corruption_errs 0
[/dev/sdc].generation_errs 0

There are much larger setups out there, even some community users. Some of the errors could be related to theming.

No, but load balancing doesn’t make debugging easier and there are not many users here who can help you with that. These are in general smaller setups of individuals. If you have a business use, the enterprise support could be an option, they have experience with such configurations (and for education etc. they have reductions): Nextcloud Enterprise: Content collaboration software for enterprises

perhaps. How does it count? If this is really a file it tries to access on a regular basis, there should be more than 174 errors??

Thanks you for your helping @tflidd

i have disable unsplash but that change nothing :frowning:

Actually the load balancing is limited by just 2 webservers. behind a HaProxy dedied server and storage (for data) is mount via SSHFS, nothing exceptionnal. The webservers files are sync by Syncthing, the database is in a galera cluster (mariadb 10).
It’s not a enterprise cloud, just a personnal cloud. Possible a business cloud if a day i win anything with it, but actually it’s not a good start ^^

I think too. But for the test i have purge the JBOD partition and recreat it. Now the server download the backup for repare, i retry when it’s finish.

on a personal cloud you rarely do load balancing. The deployment recommendations speak of 150 users and more than 10 TB of storage:
https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/12/admin_manual/installation/deployment_recommendations.html#mid-sized-enterprises

I would take this example and slowly add new features. First: Single webserver with separate DB server and storage server. Next step add a second webserver, then try a load balancer, …

If you have all the data on external storage, it shouldn’t be required to sync webserver files via syncthing.

If you don’t need one large setup, you could run several small instances. They are easier to maintain, you can keep them in individual vservers which makes it easy to move them around. To upgrade them, takes a bit more time because you have to do it on every instance separately but you can roll out new versions slowly and in case of problems it’s easier to restore than a very large setup.

@JasonBayton did some tests on clusters:

Initially the goal is not to depend on a single server (point of failure) and win in scalability (my machines isn’t news, their is not a nice CPU and when i lonely used WEBDAV it’s lag).

The sync is not for data but for apache2’s files ( /var/www/html/nextcloud).

Possible the problem come from one (or more) features. The infra is actually really simple : a main server who make all job (apache2 + local storage (jbod btrfs) + local database (mariadb 10)) and a second server in support (with apache2 (sync by syncthing) + mount the first server storage via sshfs and use the database of the first server)
It’s 99% same than a mono server infra. Their is just the database who is clustered (but i think mariadb don’t play in this problem).

Thanks for the link, i will check :slight_smile: (actually it’s take more than 10 hour for transfert my backup, syncthing is so slow ^^)

This shouldn’t be required. Perhaps once after an upgrade to have the same files and all required files for the apps. It shouldn’t break much either (logging).

It doesn’t work. So perhaps it is already complicated enough to break something. Is a single server running properly over a longer period of time? If you put everything together, it is much harder to figure out where something is wrong. And if you find a bug, it’s better to have a more or less default setup to point out the bug.

Do you really want to roll out a solution for 100+ users? On a single system you can use RAID to avoid problems on a single disk failing, do backups regularly, and in case something goes wrong, you can just restore a new system from the backup (it might a few hours). Even on this multi-host setup you must try to avoid single points of failure. And if a system goes away, how do you handle it when it comes back?

In mono server the max time without fully crash i haved test is 1 years.
But I try to build this new infra for more than 8 months.
The actual system is similar than mono-server. If i shutdown the second server their is no difference for the main server who make all job.

It’s required for propagate the update/installation of apps and core. It’s not a pleasure to run syncthing (it eat verry full CPU).

My target is just the scalability for adjust machine power according to the needs and protection against calamities.

I know but the 2 storage servers isn’t in the same house (there are problems of burglaries in the square). Initially it’s a network raid with glusterfs, but because glusterfs is so instable i have replace it by a backup via syncthing during the time i learn Ceph :stuck_out_tongue:

For Web server (apache2 + mount via sshfs) it’s HaProxy who just check all servers and redirect client request to active server. Same for database (haproxy check each database server)
For Storage server actually all depend of the main server. The cluster storage without point of failure is in the next step (i need more machines and learning for creat it)

I think for most of the storage backends, they have a rather good interconnection.

There is a P2P storage backend: Introducing cloud storage in the blockchain with Sia and Nextcloud

Or just keep a backup outside your location. There is no automatic failover procedure but your data should be save as well. As far as I know, they started to work on global scale implementations Nextcloud announces Global Scale architecture as part of Nextcloud 12. They probably look for more partners interested in investing in such a feature.

I have start to write an history of all nextcloud crash in my cluster infra with fully infos (in french but google trad) : https://www.0rion.netlib.re/forum4/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=761&p=1773#p1773
Actually i try to repare but i don’t know if i can continue with nextcloud, if it’s for it to crash again and again every month. The lonely solution i have drop for hack this regular crash is to make a LDAP server and disable server-side encryption. But this solution introduce another point of failure (ldap server) and need learn about another software (LDAP)-

I think most people do not host their cloud, they give the hosting job to OVH or other big brother corporation ^^
They just not need protection again data lost, it’s the job of the hoster.
In own-hosting world, the admin need make all the job and learn everything (for non natural english speaker, it’s not easy to drop fresh informations) and solve more instability than datacenter.

===> storage cluster without point of failure (glusterfs-server replica 3 arbiter 1 (bugged) or Ceph (2 datanodes + 1 metadata node))

I was more thinking about enterprise users, research institutes, companies, … have often their own datacenter. Private users use hosting companies or really host at home (check out all the raspberry topics, they host generally at home). But if you run your Nextcloud server, you are responsible for it and you have to learn it.

it’s a good way to train your English skills. The native English speakers are a minority here!

Oki the backup is finished and nexctloud re-work. :star_struck::hugs:
Or their is a problem i don’t have drop, or it’s the btrfs errors the origine of the bug.

I have write more than 100 tutorials for creat my infra. (and it not finished)
I don’t think other people has this motivation :smiley: After it’s depend what people need. For just 1 or 2 users one mono server with backup on other server is good enough. But if you need a scalable system and no point of failure it’s crazy what all knowledge you need (and in some subject finding help is almost impossible, such as asking “which storage cluster software to use”)

And only you try to help me ^^