Browserextensions - no result

I´m using the chrome and the firefox-extension, but both are not working.

After setting up URL, user and password, the connections seems to be working - but the extensions do not recognize logins nor are there any results by useing the search-box.

Any ideas what to do?

Thanks in advance!

Martin

Have you tried using the synchronize button in the top right corner?

Which version of the extension and app are you using?

I tried to syn - the arrows are turning for a few seconds without result.

We use 1.9.1.0 of your extension and nextcloud 16.0.1.

This issue appeared month ago, but at now its very annoying. Therefore this post.

Maybe it lasts at nextcloud?

Today I started the developer-console on FF here are the results if I try to login:

Encoding response failed
Request

bodyUsed: false

cache: “default”

credentials: “omit”

destination: “”

headers: Headers { }

integrity: “”

method: “GET”

mode: “cors”

redirect: “follow”

referrer: “about:client”

referrerPolicy: “”

signal: AbortSignal { aborted: false, onabort: null }

url: “https://mydomain.at/nextcloud/index.php/apps/passwords/api/0.1/passwords

: RequestPrototype { clone: clone(), arrayBuffer: arrayBuffer(), blob: blob(), … }

Response

body: ReadableStream { locked: true }

bodyUsed: true

headers: Headers { }

ok: true

redirected: true

statusText: “OK”

type: “basic”

url: “https://mydomain.at/nextcloud/index.php/login

: ResponsePrototype { clone: clone(), arrayBuffer: arrayBuffer(), blob: blob(), … }
SyntaxError: “JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data” background.js:39:94342

Unchecked lastError value: Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. background.js:1
log moz-extension://2d5513ce-da21-534f-80a7-5a2356895c43/js/background.js:1

Is any help out there?

There is two possible options i figured out for this case:

1. You could have the “Legacy API” disabled in the admin settings
  2. Your login data is wrong (Maybe check in the settings of the app. If you used a token, remember that it will not work anymore if you changed your password)

I have the same problem. I have checked the settings again and again, the same settings are working perfekt with other apps on nextcloud.
Now I am interested in checking the API settings. But sorry, I am not a developer. Where can I find it? I surched in the settings of Firefox, the settings of Windows10, the settings of nextcloud. I can’t find no API anywhere.

In the admin settings of Nextcloud is a section called “Passwords” where you can enable or disable the old api. If you haven’t changed this setting, it is probably still the original value.

The settings of the extension can be found by clicking the gear icon in the popup window. I would recommend to use a device password which you can create at the end of the security section of your personal Nextcloud settings.

What you can also do to check this issue is to open ‘about:debugging’ in firefox, the search for the passwords extension and then click “Debug”. Open the Network tab of the developer tools and then open the extension and click the sync icon in the top right corner. Check what happens.

Thank you, it is working perfect now!

image001.jpg

I have the same problem. I’m not sure where the “admin settings” are, but when I click my profile picture and choose Settings, I don’t get a “Passwords” section, only the following:

• Personal info
  • Security
  • Activity
  • Mobile & desktop
  • Accessibility
  • Sharing
  • App order
  • Delete account
  • Additional settings

None of them have an option to enable an old API. Also, why should that step be necessary? Do the official clients for Firefox and for Android not support the new API? It looks like passwords with client side encryption are not available on the old API.

The app settings are only available for administrators.

And yes, the browser extensions still use the old api which does not support encryption. (They were originally written for the ownCloud app “Passwords” which is an entirely different app) A new version of the apps is in the making and will be available later this year.

Unfortunately I have the same problem. I have also disabled and re-enabled support for old API. The problem still exists.

{"details":{"data":{"message":"Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist."},"stack":"Error\n    at Object._getDetailsFromObject (chrome-extension://mhajlicjhgoofheldnmollgbgjheenbi/js/background.js:1:5840)\n    at Object._addError (chrome-extension://mhajlicjhgoofheldnmollgbgjheenbi/js/background.js:1:5199)\n    at Object.logError (chrome-extension://mhajlicjhgoofheldnmollgbgjheenbi/js/background.js:1:5034)\n    at Object._sendMessage (chrome-extension://mhajlicjhgoofheldnmollgbgjheenbi/js/background.js:1:8675)","time":1610130850181},"error":{"message":"Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist."}}
{"details":{"data":{},"message":"Unexpected end of JSON input","stack":"SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input\n    at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)\n    at D.fromJSON (chrome-extension://mhajlicjhgoofheldnmollgbgjheenbi/js/background.js:22:132699)\n    at S.fromObject (chrome-extension://mhajlicjhgoofheldnmollgbgjheenbi/js/background.js:22:131974)\n    at S.fromEncryptedData (chrome-extension://mhajlicjhgoofheldnmollgbgjheenbi/js/background.js:22:131087)\n    at kt.makePasswordFromApiData (chrome-extension://mhajlicjhgoofheldnmollgbgjheenbi/js/background.js:22:150016)\n    at kt.makeFromApiData (chrome-extension://mhajlicjhgoofheldnmollgbgjheenbi/js/background.js:22:149629)\n    at p._dataToModel (chrome-extension://mhajlicjhgoofheldnmollgbgjheenbi/js/background.js:22:126495)\n    at chrome-extension://mhajlicjhgoofheldnmollgbgjheenbi/js/background.js:22:126356\n    at new Promise (<anonymous>)\n    at chrome-extension://mhajlicjhgoofheldnmollgbgjheenbi/js/background.js:22:126335","time":1610131069005},"error":{"name":"SyntaxError","stack":"SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input\n    at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)\n    at D.fromJSON (chrome-extension://mhajlicjhgoofheldnmollgbgjheenbi/js/background.js:22:132699)\n    at S.fromObject (chrome-extension://mhajlicjhgoofheldnmollgbgjheenbi/js/background.js:22:131974)\n    at S.fromEncryptedData (chrome-extension://mhajlicjhgoofheldnmollgbgjheenbi/js/background.js:22:131087)\n    at kt.makePasswordFromApiData (chrome-extension://mhajlicjhgoofheldnmollgbgjheenbi/js/background.js:22:150016)\n    at kt.makeFromApiData (chrome-extension://mhajlicjhgoofheldnmollgbgjheenbi/js/background.js:22:149629)\n    at p._dataToModel (chrome-extension://mhajlicjhgoofheldnmollgbgjheenbi/js/background.js:22:126495)\n    at chrome-extension://mhajlicjhgoofheldnmollgbgjheenbi/js/background.js:22:126356\n    at new Promise (<anonymous>)\n    at chrome-extension://mhajlicjhgoofheldnmollgbgjheenbi/js/background.js:22:126335","string":"SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input","message":"Unexpected end of JSON input"}}

Before the browser plugin updated to the new version, everything ran smoothly. :frowning:

This thread is about the old extension.

Your issue seems to be about the new extension. From the "Unexpected end of JSON input" i guess that one of your passwords has damaged custom fields data.

You can try the current nightly 2.0.1.3799 and see if that helps.

1 Like