Broken links in the email notifications


I’m having a weird issue with the links sent to the users.

NC is running on a subdomain like “”.

For most users everything is working fine and they get working links every time.
Some users however, get links to “cloud…” that obviously don’t work because of the two additional dots.

I have no clue as to why this is happening. It doesn’t seem to be related to the mail client.
The broken URL doesn’t appear anywhere in settings and I also tried adding the overwrite.cli.url to the right address to no use…

Does anyone know where the problem could be?


Nextcloud version: 21.0.1
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Generic Linux
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Don’t know
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 7.4


without your anonymised config.php and environment information we cannot help you.

Please tell us about your setup.
NC version?
Webserver type and version?

Here is the anonymized version of the config.php

$CONFIG = array (
  'instanceid' => 'xxxxx',
  'passwordsalt' => 'yyyyy',
  'secret' => 'zzzzz',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => '',
    1 => '',
  'datadirectory' => '/www/htdocs/pppppp/',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '',
  'dbname' => 'hhhhhhhh',
  'dbhost' => 'localhost',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'CfkQ8_',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'dbuser' => 'xxxxxx',
  'dbpassword' => 'yyyyyy',
  'installed' => true,
  'tempdirectory' => '/www/htdocs/ppppp/',
  'mail_smtpmode' => 'sendmail',
  'mail_sendmailmode' => 'pipe',
  'mail_from_address' => 'cloud',
  'mail_domain' => '',
  'maintenance' => false,
  'theme' => '',
  'loglevel' => 2,
  'default_language' => 'de',
  'default_locale' => 'de_DE',
  'default_phone_region' => 'DE',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => '',

The current NC version is 21.0.1 but the problem has always been there since I installed NC in February, 2021. The server runs on a generic Linux running Apache and PHP 7.8.

I don’t know which Linux distribution or Apache version is used by the hosting provider but I can’t imagine that the problem lies there. The MariaDB used is 10.5.8.

Please try to add a slash after de

It seems that solved the issue. Thank you.

1 Like