Boot hangs on "random:crng init done"

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 18.0.2): 20.?.? (updated 2020-12-04)
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Debian (NextCloudPi) in Virtualbox on Win10
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): No clue
PHP version (eg, 7.1): no clue

The issue you are facing: Boot hangs on “random:crng init done”

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. boot
  2. watch output

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

inlog not possible, it does not prompt it and I cannot SSH in as it is not connected yet.

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

not accessible

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

not accessible

I found other topics saying that this might be the result of a disk not mounting probably during boot. How can I mount it, as I cannot give any input? or login?
What can I do? Should I try to access the vmdk to check the log and config?

Hello @bvansambeek

from my POV your issue is not related to Nextcloud.

Please search the web to get help.

Bye

Yes, of course.
NextCloud does not get the change of booting as Debian does not start.
Sorry, wrong forum…