Bookmarks v3.0.0 -- Sharing!

Hello there,

after a productive beta phase (thanks to @just and @gibelium), I’m happy to announce the release of version 3.0.0 of the bookmarks app.

What’s new?

• The bulk of the work went into refactoring the backend to pave the way for sharing – and then implementing sharing. You can now share bookmark folders with other users and groups as well as publicly using the familiar public link mechanism.

• Additionally, syncing with floccus has seen another performance boost, especially when your admin has enabled caching.

• The gmp library is no longer a requirement, which should make a lot of people’s lives easier.

• Plus lots of small fixes and enhancements.

The road ahead

The near future will see a new UI for floccus, as well as more possibilities for integrating the bookmarks app with other services.

Stay tuned :space_invader:

16 Likes

Don’t forget you can support Marcel with a donation to encourage future development. Cheers!
:fireworks: :exploding_head: :fireworks:
Paypal
Liberapay

5 Likes

Update: It appears that a few people are encountering issues with the upgrade to v3, due to database inconsistencies. So, definitely make sure you have a backup of your database, before upgrading.

1 Like

Release speed of bookmark app is unbeatable :slight_smile:

Thank you very much! I will test bookmarks 3.0 in the next days.

My first feedback after entering like 20 Urls:

I have serveral bookmarks where no logo/graphic is found and displayed. Also from big sites like independent.co.uk and It seems there is no way to manual fix this?

And it would be great to configure the tile sizie in the tile view (with the logo/graphic autoscaling to the selected tile size,

Coming back when I tested more.

Thanks again.

Issues fixed? I think it would be best to wait for a fixed app before upgrading…

What is meant by that? Is there an admin option for the bookmarks app or are you talking about Redis/Memcached/…?

Issues are still being addressed on the project github page here.

I’m talking about redis/memcached, etc. yes

1 Like

Short update: It looks like the upgrade issues have been resolved. Some client tools still have problems interacting with the API in v3 however, and there appears to be a bug with export functionality.

2 Likes