Blank screen on first time launch (IIS server on WIndows Server 2012R2)

Hey!

I’m trying to get an instance of Nextcloud running on my IIS server on WIndows Server 2012R2 (I know, it’s not officially supported but still) and when I go to the webpage for the first time, I’m met with a blank screen. I have tried going back to an older version of PHP, but then I’m met with a message telling me to update PHP because v5.6 isn’t supported. I would give errors and whatnot but I have no clue how to get to the PHP logs on Windows, as I’m new to IIS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hayden

On further investigation using XAMPP, I’ve managed to find that I am getting the error below.

[Wed Feb 06 18:42:08.137918 2019] [php7:error] [pid 2468:tid 1692] [client ::1:50067] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught OCP\\AutoloadNotAllowedException: Autoload path not allowed: C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\lib\\private\\legacy\\template.php in C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\lib\\autoloader.php:137\nStack trace:\n#0 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\lib\\autoloader.php(162): OC\\Autoloader->isValidPath('C:\\\\xampp\\\\htdocs...')\n#1 [internal function]: OC\\Autoloader->load('OC_Template')\n#2 C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\index.php(69): spl_autoload_call('OC_Template')\n#3 {main}\n  thrown in C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\lib\\autoloader.php on line 137

I’m not sure if this is because I’m using Windows Server or not. Also, I can’t really use much else, as I don’t have a raspberry pi available to do it with, and I can’t use a VPS because I want to use my hard drive.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

You won’t have any fun on the long run trying to get working on Windows. Sorry.

I don’t understand why Windows shouldn’t work though. I’ve read that the original ownCloud project ended up removing Windows support but it was due to issues that PHP 5.6 had that were fixed in 7.0.

1 Like