Best practice: Structured Folder Sharing

First of all: Thanks for the great work here. I’m a longtime nextcloud user and super happy with it!

I am a passionate Nextcloud user and a passionate photographer. I would like to know how you would solve the following problem:
At the moment I archive my photos in Nextcloud and have a simple folder structure.

MyPhotos/year/YYYY-MM-DD_SomeEvent
MyPhotos/2021/2021-02-03_AuntLisasBirthday
MyPhotos/2021/2021-02_HolidaysSpain
etc.

I would like to share some of these photo subfolders with other Nextcloud groups and users, keeping the following in mind:

• I do not want to copy any data
  • I would like to let the others benefit from my structure. I.e. I don’t want to share single folders, but maybe build a similar structure on the other user’s side (e.g. in groupfolders or something similar).

At the moment I see only two possibilities:

• Share the folders individually and let the users sort the whole thing in a yearly structure.
  • Copy the photo folders again separately.

So my question is: How would you share these folders and keep some of the basic structure for the other users and groups with the given example?

Thank you!!

It sounds like what you want to do is share a tree of folders but only share the files within some of them. This is not possible to my knowledge. A folder’s contents are shared when the folder is shared.