Basic mail settings for Outlook365

I am inserting O365 mail credentials that work with other apps (not nextcloud) in Settings->Basic Settings->Email Server and no matter what combination I use I cannot make a connection

Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Might this be helpful?:

Thankyou nephilim but the settings suggested I am already using.

Nextcloud complains with:

A problem occurred while sending the email. Please revise your settings. (Error: Expected response code 354 but got code “503”, with message "503 5.5.1 Bad sequence of commands
")

Oh my, I had forgotten about this. I got O365 exchange to work with Nextcloud. Under basic settings, use send mode smtp. Select STARTTLS. In from address, enter your o365 email ‘user@MyO365Domain.com’. Authenticaion method is ‘Login’. Server address is smtp.office.365.com, port 587.

Credentials is your O365 user email address again (user@MyO365Domain.com). If you have two factor enabled on your O365 account, you will need an app password for the credential password field.

This works for me. Good luck to all…

2 Likes

This is still failing for me, it refuses to authenticate. Settings are all correct, any ideas? Running NC 18.04.02

There’s a small typo in the solution: the server address is smtp.office365.com (not smtp.office.365.com).

With this fix, it worked for me too.

1 Like

I cannot get it to work. The settings can be found in the outlook web app - but they don’t work.

What I particularly hate is the way the Nextcloud mail app doesn’t give you any indication that it failed.