"Background jobs are run with PHP 7.4.16, the webserver uses PHP 8.0.3. This may cause issues."

I’m not sure what to do about this one. I just upgraded to NC 21.0.1 yesterday and found out that it’s fine with PHP 8. I set my webserver to run my NC instance with PHP 8 tonight and now I see this strange message in the index.php/settings/admin/passwords section;

Background jobs are run with PHP 7.4.16, the webserver uses PHP 8.0.3. This may cause issues.

I did alter my cron job command in the operating system to use PHP 8.0 instead of 7.4 so I don’t know why I’m seeing this message.

Since it’s often forgotten to change the PHP version for the cronjobs after changing the version for the server, the app now shows this message if the last cronjob was executed with a different major version of PHP.
So if that message doesn’t disappear within a few minutes after the change, cronjobs are either not executed, crashing or still executed with the previous version of PHP.

Yes, it must have been the delay that caused it. Because of another problem caused by the upgrade I was manually running the cron by web and by occ so I assumed it should know I ran it. This morning when I refreshed the page the message was gone. Perhaps there is a difference between command line calls and the OS running it.