Automatic setting of landing page possible/wanted?

dear forumists,

as nextcloud is growing - apparently worldwide - the more international visitors and forum-contributors would come from more countries. some of them donā€™t want to use google or any other translating app to translate their problemsā€¦ so we put those foreign language postings into the international category (we already had a discussion about it). there even are already some subcategories to it, alreadyā€¦ (german, russian, french)

so the new aspect of my question is: is it possible to set a kind of individualized landingpage for every user depending on his ip-address?
meaning: a german user would be automatically directed to international - deutsch. a user with a russian ip would start at international - russian etc.

and ya it would cause the individual user some more thinking of where exactly to put his thread in the end.
all others (those who donā€™t like to think too much before posting) would end up somewhere under international.

and regardless of IF it was technically possible maybe itā€™s an unwanted ā€˜featureā€™, though

maybe an ā€œindividualized landing pageā€ could as well mean explaining the stucture of the forum in language of the country againā€¦?

As far as I know, the language specific sections are considered more as a fallback for users that donā€™t speak English at all. If possible, it is better to share your problems with the largest possible group of people. Itā€™s more likely that you get help and it is also more likely that a successful answer will help someone else.

sure thing and iā€™d agree.

but as a matter of fact it seems that not everyone wants to testrun any translatingg-service for their requestsā€¦ and so they post in their native languageā€¦ and accepting the disadvantage of sharing their problem with a smaller targetgroup. which is ok with me, iā€™m not judging anyone about it.

itā€™s their decisionā€¦ and not for me to change it.