Automatic picture upload on Android 7 (Nougat)

Nexus 5x Android 7.1.1 (beta) // Nextcloud beta Android-App 20161027 // Nextcloud 10.0.1 (stable)

Okay … first it looked well. But today I shot some photos and … photos were uploaded but not all. Not all photos I shot are shown in the Nextcloud app (Instant Upload).

I will do a test on my tablet with Android 7.0 tomorrow. Perhaps it’s an other issue with Android 7.1.1 beta!??!

Cheers,
Andreas

@guddl are the not uploaded ones shown in the Uploads view?

Love these additions!

Thanks for the feedback @JasonBayton hope all the changes work well for you. The thumbnails should get loaded at some point (in your “Auto upload” screenshot), the “What’s New” startup screens are still a work in progress and get revamped from a design point of view by the designer’s team at the moment :slight_smile: .

@tobiasKaminsky please see Jason’s screenshot, it also duplicated the images durinig upload into the apps local/device folders which leads to folder duplications in this view since all this gets scanned/indexed by Android’s media scanner…

I intentionally grabbed the shot before they loaded, on 4G they came through pretty quickly.
Now for more testing…

Can I check - if I opt to upload a whole folder will it organise it into months again or just bung everything in together?

If you configured the folder in auto upload to do the monthly folder creation thing, then yes it will. Beware though that it is not activated by default and it is, like all other settings now a per media folder setting, so you choose this (wifi, charging, monthly folders, upload behavior) on a per folder level :smiley: (while the default is “just upload on wifi only”) .

The thumbnails you are seeing in the Auto upload view are thumbnails of the images on your phone, so this works offline :smiley:

One addition… the Auto upload only works for images created after the upload has been activated for that folder. Our Observer is not (yet) capable of doing a One way sync or else.

:clap:

Very nicely implemented, I like (though bulk folder management would be good too. I want to have my cake and eat it too!)[quote=“Andy, post:27, topic:2240”]
One addition… the Auto upload only works for images created after the upload has been activated for that folder. Our Observer is not (yet) capable of doing a One way sync or else.
[/quote]

Oh. I wanted to retrospectively upload and manage into folders automagically :frowning:

@JasonBayton this will come in the future :slight_smile: --> https://github.com/nextcloud/android/issues/285

1 Like

Looking forward to it!