I had the same issue on Nextcloud v21.0.2 and iOS app version 18.104.22.168.
I wanted to upload all existing photos from iPhone to Nextcloud (aka “Upload the whole camera roll”).
First, the max upload size had to be increased on NC docker container (default is 128MBytes). I use “nextcloud:21-apache” image. There, two extra env variables control the max upload size:
docker run -e PHP_UPLOAD_LIMIT=3000M -e PHP_MEMORY_LIMIT=3000M …
Next, the iOS app. Uploading images and videos at the same time hangs after a few tens of uploaded files, leaving a few hundreds in the “Transfers” queue. Therefore, I’ve cleared the app cache (via advanced settings) and only uploaded the photos. It went through!
Then, I switched the “Auto upload” settings the other way round: disabled “Auto upload photos” and enabled “Auto upload videos”, and re-enabled the “Upload the whole camera roll” setting again.
The trick with uploading videos was:
- Whenever the queue gets frozen,
- close the Nextcloud app (double-click home button and swipe away the app);
- if you ever configured location privacy settings, backup them: go to iPhone Settings > Privacy > Location services and note the settings or make a screenshot by holding power button and pressing home button;
- go to iPhone Settings > General > Reset > reset location & privacy;
- open the Nextcloud app again and accept privacy setting of access to all photos;
- go to More > Transfers and enjoy watching how the videos are being uploaded.
- Whenever upload process gets stuck, repeat the privacy reset trick.
It seems, new iOS versions got much stricter privacy settings, which somehow prohibit the Nextcloud app an extensive high-volume access to the camera roll.