Automatic creation of group folders

Hi,
I wonder if it is possible to create a mechanism to create group folders and give group permissions to this folder for each group retrieved by the ldap configuration.
This would help to automate the creation of group folders, so that whenever a group has access to nextcloud, this group would already have a group folder assigned.

Best,
Francis

Not tested:
GitHub - nextcloud/groupfolders: πŸ“πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘§β€πŸ‘¦ Admin-configured folders shared by everyone in a group.

I guess what you suggest is to have some sort of daemon that checks which groups are found and create group folders with the right permissions for those missing, right?

Yes. I think you can program a shell script (e.g. bash) to list all group folders and ldap groups and create e.g. new group folders. But i never used occ in bash scripts.

1 Like

Thanks, gonna try that, looks like a good plan!

Hi There !
I don’t know if you found a proper solution. I had the similar probleme
I create a bunch of python scripts, one setup the ldap configuration and the other one create the group folders with all permissions setup by default

But i gotta say, every major update the script handling the ldap part just stop working, as I have to read the config from occ, format it and reset it from occ.
Pretty big config file to handle tho

If you have a better chance, i’m taking it !