Aussehen und Zugänglichkeit Globale Einstellungsmöglichkeiten

Hello all,

I would like to know if you can set the menu item “Appearance and Accessibility” somewhere globally? I would like to set dark mode globally.

Thanks a lot for the help.

I’m not aware of a configuration option, neither in the webUI, nor via config.php or OCC, or at least I couldn’t find anything to set this globally. Someone please correct me if I missed something.

However, the default for new users is “auto”, so it depends on the OS and browser settings, whether you get the dark mode or the light mode, which is imho the best way to do it. In my opinion, it makes little sense to set a specific mode as a global “default”, and you certainly shouldn’t try to enforce a certain mode!

Let your users decide which mode they want to use. Not everybody feels comfortable with dark mode. Please do not force your users to use something they might feel uncomfortable with, just because of some corporate identity BS, or because you think dark mode is more ergonomic (it isn’t), or cooler (that’s highly subjective). :wink:

1 Like

Hello,

first of all thank you for the answer.
Actually, the design is relatively unimportant. However, the users see white font and a white background when logging in. That means they don’t see the files, photos, dashboard and such.
Here are 2 screenshots of what this looks like.
Or can you change the font color somewhere?

Ah ok. Not sure what causes this… But if you login as an admin user, there is a theming section, where you can set the color of header bar and things like a logo or the background image of the login page globally. Theming — Nextcloud latest Administration Manual latest documentation

1 Like