Audio Player takes all of my RAM

Hello,

I have just installed the Audio Player app and I noticed that it seems to take all of the available RAM. As a consequence, I had to restart my Nextcloud server several times. I don’t understand what is going on and I don’t know how to diagnose it properly (which logs to read, etc…). Could you help me?

For information, I run Nextcloud with docker-compose on a Raspberry Pi 3 (1 Go RAM) and I have 6000+ mp3 files in my Music folder (which was scanned by the Audio Player). Don’t hesitate to ask me if you need additional information.

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Hello,
how do you know that AP takes all of your ram?
what are you doing to get into this condition? the scan is already completed? do you use a database or sqlite?

thank you,
Rello

Hello,

Thank you for your quick response. After installing the app, I did the scan and it has completed. I noticed that whenever I open the app’s webpage, the RAM starts to increase on my server. To see that, I had a console running htop and docker stats at the same time. I had to stop the Nextcloud container to release the memory.

I use a Postgres DB. To be more accurate, here is my docker-compose file:

version: '2'

volumes:
  db:
    driver: local
  data:
    driver: local

services:
  db:
    image: postgres:alpine
    mem_limit: 50m
    volumes:
      - db:/var/lib/postgresql/data
    env_file:
      - db.env
    networks:
      - internal

app:
    image: nextcloud:apache
    mem_limit: 300m
    hostname: <my-hostname>
    depends_on:
      - db
    env_file:
      - db.env
      - app.env
    networks:
      - web
      - internal
    ports:
      - 8080:80
    labels:
      - traefik.enable=true
      - traefik.frontend.rule=Host:<my-hostname>
      - traefik.port=80
      - traefik.docker.network=web
    volumes:
      - data:/var/www/html

networks:
  web:
    external: true
  internal:

As you can see, I added mem_limit to limit the memory. Without it, it would fill my Rapsberry’s memory.

Hello
I am also using a Pi with several AP users in parallel.
Could you please open the console and check if you find a running network request that could lead us to the issue?

Finally, it might not be linked to AP. I have just got into the same situation while simply navigating on Nextcloud (Activity tab, then Tasks). AP is disabled so I know that it is not linked to it. Currently, the Nextcloud container’s memory is full…

My Raspberry’s swap is full as well

So it seems that, for some reason, Nextcloud tries to allocate all of the available memory. I had limited the RAM but not the swap, so it filled everything it could. How can I understand what happened? Should I open another thread since it is not related to Audio Player?

It happened again. I was on the Activity tab, I clicked on the Files icon, and it filled the memory and the swap (which I fortunately limited as well this time).

I started a new thread: Nextcloud takes all of my RAM