Appstore disappeared after update

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 22.1.1.2
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Raspberry Pi OS (Buster 10.10)
Docker image: 22-apache
Apache version: 2.4.48 (in docker image)
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 8.0.10 (in docker image)
Behind a Nging proxy using nginxproxymanager

The issue you are facing:

After upgrading Nextcloud using Docker, the appstore disappeared from the App page. I only have native applications, and can’t see additional applications I already installed in the past. I can’t see application categories either.

I read lots of posts about this issue, but nothing applies to my situation because:

• http://apps.nextcloud.com/ is online
  • I did not set the variables appstoreenable or appstoreurl
  • The Nextcloud container has access to the Internet
  • I already cleared caches thanks to occ maintenance:repair
  • There is not any log about this in nextcloud.log, even with loglevel set to 0.

I tried to clean all the installation files of Nextcloud by removing the Docker volume, and have a clean install when restarting the container (all but data/ which is an external volume I never delete obviously).

I tried to remove data/appdata_xxxxxxxxx/ directory (I made a backup) to start Nextcloud without this directory.

Nothing worked so far :sob:

I really don’t know what to do now… And what bothers me is that I don’t have any error log.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

<?php                                                                                                                                                                    
$CONFIG = array (                                                                                                                                                        
  'instanceid' => '<hidden>',                                                                                                                                        
  'passwordsalt' => '<hidden>',                                                                                                                    
  'secret' => '<hidden>',                                                                                                        
  'trusted_domains' =>                                                                                                                                                   
  array (                                                                                                                                                                
  <hidden>
  ),                                                                                                                                                                     
  'default_phone_region' => 'FR',                                                                                                                                        
  'datadirectory' => '/var/www/html/data',                                                                                                                               
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',                                                                                                                                                   
  'version' => '22.1.1.2',                                                                                                                                               
  'installed' => true,                                                                                                                                                   
  'maintenance' => false,                                                                                                                                                
  'theme' => '',                                                                                                                                                         
  'loglevel' => 0,                                                                                                                                                       
  'log_type' => 'file',                                                                                                                                                  
  'mail_smtpmode' => 'smtp',                                                                                                                                             
  'mail_smtpsecure' => 'ssl',
  'mail_sendmailmode' => 'smtp',
  'mail_from_address' => 'cloud',
  'mail_domain' => '<hidden>',
  'mail_smtpauthtype' => 'LOGIN',
  'mail_smtpauth' => 1,
  'mail_smtphost' => '<hidden>',
  'mail_smtpport' => '465',
  'mail_smtpname' => '<hidden>',
  'mail_smtppassword' => '<hidden>',
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'twofactor_enforced' => 'false',
  'twofactor_enforced_groups' => 
  array (
  ),
  'twofactor_enforced_excluded_groups' => 
  array (
  ),
  'updater.secret' => '<hidden>',
  'dbname' => '<hidden>',
  'dbhost' => '<hidden>',
  'dbuser' => '<hidden>',
  'dbpassword' => '<hidden>',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'overwrite.cli.url' => '<hidden>',
  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
  'trashbin_retention_obligation' => 'auto, 90',
  'music.lastfm_api_key' => '<hidden>',
  'app_install_overwrite' => 
  array (
    0 => 'music',
  ),
  'trusted_proxies' =>
  array (
    0 => 'nging-proxy-manager-app',
    1 => '172.23.0.0/16',
  ),
);

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

in my Docker container, I don’t have any log of apache, I don’t know why…

I found out the solution :partying_face:, and it was weird enough to take the time to explain it here.

I tried to explore everything related to apps. And when I ran occ config:list, I found the following item:

"settings": {                                                                                                                                                    
            "appstore-fetcher-lastFailure": "1870178816",                                                                                                                
            "enabled": "yes",                                                                                                                                            
            "installed_version": "1.3.0",                                                                                                                                
            "types": ""                                                                                                                                                  
        },                                                                                                                                                               

I noticed that 1870178816 was a timestamp far away in the future. I had some past issues with time in Docker container, so maybe it came from here.

I did not know how this variable was used, but it was worth the try fixing this value. I set it to a timestamp in the past:

occ config:app:set --value 1631252302 --update-only settings appstore-fetcher-lastFailure

I restarted the server (just in case…), and it worked!

I had the appstore back.

1 Like

@RomainTT : didn’t saw your post sooner. It just saved me after more than one year of manual app update. Lot of post with appstore disappeared, I surrendered and not sure people saw this one. Ideally, it would have been fixed in the code by checking de validity of the timestamp.
Thank you so much for this solution.