App for Surface Pro X

I want to know when Nextcloud will launch an application compatible with Surface pro X. Otherwise, I will have to switch to another application. Or is there any workaround?

you wanna let us know what you’re planning doing with nc and your surface pro x?

i mean afaik even a surface runs under windows. and there of course IS already an application for windows.

The surface pro X runs with an ARM CPU (Microsoft SQ1 and 2). It means that even if it’s powered by a Windows 10 operating system, it’s the ARM64 version of the OS.
x86_64 apps will not run on it, that’s the problem.

The surface pro X does have an x86 emulator but for the moment it works for 32 bit only, so all 64 bits programs will not work.

Hi,
I have the same issue and if someone know of a work around I would appreciate finding out. I guess one of the possibility is to run the surface Pro in Linux, which I know is possible, but I do need Windows as well. Thanks
Judith

There is an issue for that on github:

They linked a topic where they consider a build for apple-M1-arm-architechture. It seems they managed to run this. For someone with some development experience perhaps a point to start with to do a build for the surface as well.

1 Like