App for monitor pets/items location

Hi Friends,
is there an app that can monitor the movements/location of pets or report the location of objects (keychain for example)?
Obviously this app should interface with a specific hardware.

Thanks!

There is currently no such app.
That is probably more of a project, that could be implemented using the “Home Assistant” Open Source Project.

If the said device is Android, such as a smartwatch, you could use the Phonetrack nextcloud app.

Yeah, Home Assistant is the tool for smart doors, chips, and whatever other doodads on an animal.

Home Assistant is it a Nextcloud app? Could you give us the link?

Thanks to all!

No Home Assistant is a seperate app. And if you choose the recommended installation method (Home Assistant Operating System), it’s even a completely separate OS that needs to run on dedicated HW or in it’s own VM.

https://www.home-assistant.io/installation/

One thing you can do with Home Assistant is monitor your Nextcloud. This would allow you to create custom automations… who knows what you might come up with.

If social-security-number.txt is shared unlock the pet door, runs sprinklers at 100% for 24 hours and turn on all of my lights.

WAW! A very complex (and complete) OpenSource solution for home automation.
But this is a very advanced project, what I was looking for was something much simpler that the end user could easily implement.

Thanks anyway, you introduced me to a very interesting project!