App crashes when uploading images manually

Hi,

my girldfriend has a iPhone SE with latest iOS and latest Nextcloud App 2.14. ALl worked fine until I upgraded the Nextcloud Server last days from v9 to v10.0.1. Now if she tries to manually upload a file (image), the app closes (crashes) just after seleting the file from the file picker. Background upload seems still working.
Iā€™m using the Windows Mobile Client to upload files, that works fine. Also the Webinterface works without problems. So I think this is a iOS Client related Bug.

Could you please take a look?

greetings,
AndrƩ

@ios something for you?

1 Like

Mmmm very strange ā€¦ logs on Nextcloud server with error ?

jep, you are right. This is the exception Iā€™m getting in the server log:

Debug 	
webdav 	
Exception: {"Message":"HTTP\/1.1 404 File with name Noah2\/2016-11-22 18-10-09 3916.jpg could not be located","Exception":"Sabre\\DAV\\Exception\\NotFound","Code":0,"Trace":"#0 \/share3\/www\/3rdparty\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/DAV\/Server.php(903): OCA\\DAV\\Connector\\Sabre\\ObjectTree->getNodeForPath('Noah2\/2016-11-2...')\n#1 \/share3\/www\/3rdparty\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/DAV\/CorePlugin.php(334): Sabre\\DAV\\Server->getPropertiesForPath('Noah2\/2016-11-2...', Array, 0)\n#2 [internal function]: Sabre\\DAV\\CorePlugin->httpPropFind(Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Request), Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Response))\n#3 \/share3\/www\/3rdparty\/sabre\/event\/lib\/EventEmitterTrait.php(105): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#4 \/share3\/www\/3rdparty\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/DAV\/Server.php(459): Sabre\\Event\\EventEmitter->emit('method:PROPFIND', Array)\n#5 \/share3\/www\/3rdparty\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/DAV\/Server.php(248): Sabre\\DAV\\Server->invokeMethod(Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Request), Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Response))\n#6 \/share3\/www\/apps\/dav\/appinfo\/v1\/webdav.php(60): Sabre\\DAV\\Server->exec()\n#7 \/share3\/www\/remote.php(165): require_once('\/share3\/www\/app...')\n#8 {main}","File":"\/share3\/www\/apps\/dav\/lib\/Connector\/Sabre\/ObjectTree.php","Line":173,"User":"userxxx"} 	
2016-11-23T09:42:15+00:00 	
userxxx

But the iOS app shouldnā€™t crash. Even if the server throws an exception. :wink:

No , isnā€™t normal !

Test with clear cache in Settings , if persist the problem Exit Nextcloud in Settings and then recreate account.

Send me report.

• Cleared the cache (1.7 GB) -> tried to upload camera image -> crash

• Removed user account, restarted the app, new login -> tried to upload camera image -> crash

• deleted the whole app and re-installed from the app store, user login -> tried to upload camera image -> crash

Exception: {ā€œMessageā€:ā€œHTTP/1.1 404 File with name Noah2/2016-11-23 14-14-18 3923.jpg could not be locatedā€,ā€œExceptionā€:ā€œSabre\DAV\Exception\NotFoundā€,ā€œCodeā€:0,ā€œTraceā€:"#0 /share3/www/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php(903): OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\ObjectTree->getNodeForPath(ā€˜Noah2/2016-11-2ā€¦ā€™)\n#1 /share3/www/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/CorePlugin.php(334): Sabre\DAV\Server->getPropertiesForPath(ā€˜Noah2/2016-11-2ā€¦ā€™, Array, 0)\n#2 [internal function]: Sabre\DAV\CorePlugin->httpPropFind(Object(Sabre\HTTP\Request), Object(Sabre\HTTP\Response))\n#3 /share3/www/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/EventEmitterTrait.php(105): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#4 /share3/www/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php(459): Sabre\Event\EventEmitter->emit(ā€˜method:PROPFINDā€™, Array)\n#5 /share3/www/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php(248): Sabre\DAV\Server->invokeMethod(Object(Sabre\HTTP\Request), Object(Sabre\HTTP\Response))\n#6 /share3/www/apps/dav/appinfo/v1/webdav.php(60): Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()\n#7 /share3/www/remote.php(165): require_once(ā€™/share3/www/appā€¦ā€™)\n#8 {main}",ā€œFileā€:"/share3/www/apps/dav/lib/Connector/Sabre/ObjectTree.php",ā€œLineā€:173,ā€œUserā€:ā€œuserxxxā€}
2016-11-23T18:00:40+00:00

Problem : incorrect response of server

please wait for details

Any news about this? I send you a demo login to my server via email a week ago.

Sorry, no news, please open issue on github, the server respond incorrectly at call webdav readfile.

The Windows Client works great. Whatā€™s wrong with the server response? How should it look like?

Hi,

I donā€™t think that there is a wrong response from the server here. What is the response and what do you expect it to be, @ios ?

Morris

@MorrisJobke i except 404 file do not exists ā€¦ but return 200 OK and no items, this is documentation driver ios owncloud, if items = 0 the app crash :

OK, should I open a server issue for it? @MorrisJobke @ios

Yes @SunboX ! Thanks

Iā€™ve created an issue for that: https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/2874

1 Like