Apache2 Default Page after apt-get update, upgrade

[Resolved] Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slight_frown:

If you’re urgently looking for support to keep your business running, consider checking out our paid support options.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the following as you can (you can cut and paste this into your topic):

Nextcloud version (eg, 11.0.3):
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 16.04):
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25):
PHP version (eg, 7.4):
Is this the first time you’ve seen this error?: Yes

Can you reliably replicate it? (If so, please outline steps):
URL: 192.168.1.183
The issue you are facing:
I did an apt-get update, upgrade and now see the Apache2 Ubuntu Default Page. I want to be able to install PHP MySQL Apache custom developed apps but also run NextCloud on the NextCloud Box running RPI 2 for both. I have looked for documentation on Apache2 Config to do this but have not found any? Any help would be appreciated. The Problem is When I try to login to NextCloud on the NextCloud Box with URL: https://192.168.1.183/index.php/login I get Unable to connect

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.183.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:
can’t find it on NextCloud Box hard to locate where everything is running from? Need documentation?

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

Remember, this information may be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart: Feel free to use a pastebin service, otherwise log files can be indented with 4 spaces on each line to present them in a friendlier way on the forum.

Hi
How did you solve this? I’ve the same problem
thanks @jmartin

Ricardo_Santos:

I used some instructions I gooled, Setting Up a LAMP Web Server on the Raspberry Pi (https://www.hackster.io/matthew-wagner/setting-up-a-lamp-web-server-on-the-raspberry-pi-dab575), and installed NextCloud 12. All went well and I was able to also install Wordpress. The URL now worked to signon to NextCloud as long as it has /nextcloud/ after the URL if it was omitted It showed the Apache2 Ubuntu Default Page. I found out it now is not running the snap version but the LAMP Web Server NextCloud 12 version.

I had NextCloud Box SNAP running OK up through 11.0.3 but it broke when I did an apt-get update, upgrade in August. When I went to the local URL it displayed the Apache2 Ubuntu Default Page and NextCloud was no longer running providing sync of folders from several devices on my local network.

My problem is, I made changes when version 12 kept telling me:
The PHP Opcache is not properly configured. For better performance we recommend :arrow_upper_right: to use following settings in the php.ini:

opcache.enable=1
opcache.enable_cli=1
opcache.interned_strings_buffer=8
opcache.max_accelerated_files=10000
opcache.memory_consumption=128
opcache.save_comments=1
opcache.revalidate_freq=1

I changed opcache as above and after I made the changes and rebooted the browser URL now signs on as https// and
is back to NextCloud Box 11.0.3 running in Canonical’s Ubuntu LTS 16.4 Snap apps environment.

I googled to see if anyone was having the same problem as I am with NextCloud Box

(first offered by Western Digital’s WD Labs division and the open-source Nextcloud project using Canonical’s Ubuntu LTS 16.4 Snap apps)

which I purchase NextCloud Box with

1 TB USB3 hard drive from WDLabs
Nextcloud case with room for the drive and a compute board
microUSB charger, cables and adapters, a screw driver and screws
microSD card with Snappy Ubuntu Core as OS
Apache, MySQL and the latest Nextcloud 10 pre-installed and ready to go
I am at Nextcloud version (11.0.3):
Operating system and version ( Ubuntu 16.04):
Apache (Apache 2.4.25):
PHP version ( 7.4)

I have two installs going with two different data directories. If I change all the
opcache back to what they were it runs version 12 from URL with /nextcloud/ which is where I installed version 12. If I leave the changes in I am back to running NextCloud Box SNAP 11.0.3

Because I want to be able to install PHP MySQL Apache custom developed apps but also run NextCloud on the NextCloud Box running RPI 2 I need to run the Version 12 with out SNAP.

I have to figure out how to uninstall NextCloud 11.0.3 SNAP and how to change Version 12 to correct the message I now get:

Your data directory and your files are probably accessible from the Internet. The .htaccess file is not working. It is strongly recommended that you configure your web server in a way that the data directory is no longer accessible or you move the data directory outside the web server document root.

You are accessing this site via HTTP. We strongly suggest you configure your server to require using HTTPS instead as described in our security tips.

No memory cache has been configured. To enhance your performance please configure a memcache if available. Further information can be found in our documentation.
The PHP OPcache is not properly configured. For better performance we recommend to use following settings in the php.ini:

opcache.enable=1
opcache.enable_cli=1
opcache.interned_strings_buffer=8
opcache.max_accelerated_files=10000
opcache.memory_consumption=128
opcache.save_comments=1
opcache.revalidate_freq=1

Please double check the installation guides :arrow_upper_right:, and check for any errors or warnings in the log.

Hope this helps.

@Ricardo_Santos